7. Truth

2 months later

It had been about 2 months after my good 'ol mate had practically killed my throat. Thankfully, it has healed nicely during the 2 months and my wrist was fine thanks to Elizabeth.

After everything that had happened, I had also started avoiding Jax whenever he tried to talk to me. Amelia, on the other hand, has been an incredible help and I was super grateful to her.

I was passing by Jax's office one day and realized I had caught on a conversation happening. Being the curious little cat I am, I tried to peek in and listen. 

"She doesn't tell me anything...what am I supposed to do?"

"Come on Man. You weren't exactly nice to her either."

"She should listen to me anyway, I am still her alpha."

"And that's where you're wrong. She's your mate, your other half. She's different from your other pack members. She actually has the same status as you, the same rank. You can't treat your mate like she's below you, because she's not. You have to treat her like a Luna, like a mate."

"I don't know. She doesn't even talk to me."

"And whose fault is it?"

I couldn't help but laugh once that person said that. 

"Wait. Did you hear that?"

I gasped. Oh shit. Not knowing where the hell I was going, I ran straight down and to the ground floor. And when I thought I was saved from being caught and interrogated for "being a traitor", someone spoke up behind me.

"Eavesdropping on our conversation Luna?"

I turned my head slowly and judging by his presence, he had to be someone of a high rank.

"Uhh, no?"

He gave me a straight ace before lightening up and chuckled, causing me to laugh seconds later.

"You've been here for a while yet I haven't properly introduced myself. Beta Jones." He extended his hand out.

"Scar." I shook his hand.

"So is Luna recovering?"

"Gotta love your mate torturing the hell out of you 2 months ago and expect her to be his luna huh." I sighed.

"Right... I'm sorry for what Alpha did to you."

"It happens." I shrugged. "I guess..." I dragged after. 

We talked for a little while longer before he had to excuse himself to handle some business. I kinda liked him, he's a cool guy to talk to. The chill type. 

.

.

Night Time

"Hello again Scarlett." He smirked.

W-wit what? How did he find me?!

"What d-do you want?"

"Isn't it obvious? I want you."

"But why?! What do I have that you want? Why can't you just leave me alone for god's sake!" I cried out.

"Well, for starters, you have the perfect body. And also, you have something I want- No. You possess something I want."

"And what is that?"

"Your golden eyes."

"What do my eyes have anything to do with this?! Gonna bawl them out for you or something?"