Chapter 11 | Chicken Alfredo

'She don't see her perfect
She don't understand she's worth it
Or that beauty goes deeper than the surface'

( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )

I heard the doctor and Ace talk from outside for a while, until the front door opened and footsteps approached.

When Ace popped his tired looking face in, his eyes widened slightly before walking towards me.

"How are you feeling?" He sits down to the chair next to me, but doesn't look me in the eye.

"I'm sorry I scared you. I haven't had a panic attack in a while, I didn't think I should mention it," i take a hold of his hand, because just the simple touch of him relaxes me.

"I'm sorry I underestimated your condition. I was just so excited you finally woke up," he puts his forehead to mine.

"We should really stop apologizing to each other," I laugh a little causing Ace to have a peaceful smile on his face.

"The doctor gave me some meds for your sleep if you have trouble, and others for your heart," he informs me and I shake my head.

"I've already tried these ones, they didn't work with me."

"Well, let's call him back."

"It's fine Ace, I've dealt with this my entire life."

He's about to argue back but I give him a look that says 'don't even try winning this.'

"Well, about the bastards," he starts talking about my foster parents, "If you truly don't want me to kill them, i guess I could let them go."

The mention of them living sends a calming feeling inside me. I never wanted to be responsible for anyone's death to begin with.

"Alrighty then, are you hungry?" I jump out of the bed excitedly.

"You're not cooking," I laugh at his statement but soon stop seeing im the only one laughing.

"Yes I am," I fold my arms and look at him in the eye.

"What if you get dizzy again? What if it makes you more sick? What if-," i stop him by putting my hand on his mouth.

"I'll be okay, you can come with if you're that paranoid," I take my hand off his mouth to find him smirking.

Before I could ask what's so funny, his lips come crashing down onto my lips in a rush. As quick as it started, it ended with Ace leaving the room laughing to himself.

"Creepy weirdo," I shake my head, muttering under my breath with a smile.

I decide to make Chicken Alfredo, because I've been craving it for months now so might as well.

While sitting down on the lunch table, we make short comfortable conversations until he says,

"I don't think I can control myself with you if you keep being this perfect."

"Oh please, you're just saying this because I'm wearing your clothes," I wiggle my eyebrows and he laughs at my childish behavior.

"Maybe," he says, standing up and kissing my head before going to the kitchen.

"Hey Ace!" I yell through the house and hear a quick response, "did you call the school about me? I don't want to be behind on things."

"I did, they said the papers they gave out were for extra practice, not a grade. As for the business classes, I solved your papers and sent it in a couple days ago."

"Awesome, thank you!"

A c e

That night when I went to sleep at two in the morning, Ray was already in the room next to me sleeping.

However, when I heard cries and whimpers, I immediately thought her injuries are hurting her so I went to look.

Good to say it wasn't the injuries, bad to say she was having nightmares again.

"Ray, Bird, wake up," I shake her and keep my voice somewhat low to not frighten her.

I repeat that maybe ten times before her eyes are snapped open and she sits up panicked.

"You're safe, it's okay," I shush her and pull her to my chest.

"I don't want to sleep alone," she whimpers after controlling her breathing.

Hearing that made me do the most logical decision. I picked her up, went to my room that always felt too big, and laid her on the bed.

"I guess you're sleeping here from now on," with that said, I climb into the bed and pull the sheets over us.

When I turn off the light, I scoop Ray into my arms and let her put her face into my neck because it seems to calm her.

"Night Ace."

"Goodnight Love."

*

This chapter is kind of a filler chapter since I couldn't jump time periods without explaining what happened to them. I'm sorry if it was boring, hopefully the next one would be better. Also, thank you for reading! It's so cool seeing strangers read my book that I write in my room alone when I'm bored.