Chapter 32 | Knight in Shinning Armor Too Late

This is a rushed chapter, not really thrilled with it but hopefully the next one is better.

T h i r d

Ace was racing down the roads of the town on his bike, followed by the rest of the gangs that had their faces covered and their tattoos out in order to look more intimidating. His heart felt like it would beat out of his chest and the road seemed to never end. However, when he looked to the side, it seemed they had arrived.

Without wasting time, he jumped off this bike quietly and started looking for a way in. He heard someone calling over, someone that found an entry so he rushed to them and barged in with a gun in his hand. The others walked around him and shot anyone that came into view while Ace just led them.

"Ace! What a pleasant surprise," he hears the voice he resents so much. He pulls the gun directed towards Antonio's head with a glare that could turn man to stone.

"I would put that toy down if you want to know where your precious half went," he smirks, knowing he hit a nerve when Ace tightens his hold.

"You have no more than ten seconds Antonio, speak," Ace growls out.

"Kid, I don't know what to tell you," he says with a smirk.

Meanwhile, Ray was left bleeding with a dagger in her stomach. Her chains were off but she knew better than pull the foreign object out as she coughed up some more blood.

Three hours ago . . .

"What do you mean mission?" Ray glares at Antonio.

"Your father, sweet Ray, knows what I'm talking about," Antonio smiles.

"If you mean Daniel, I don't —"

"Your biological dad," when Ray hears that, she doesn't feel a thing. After all of what just happened, she wasn't sure she could ever feel anything for a long time.

"So what does this have to do with me?"

"You're linked to everyone Ray. King, Noah, Daniel, it's perfect for me," he explains. "Have you ever wondered why you were fostered?"

The question has crossed her mind, never really thought about it in detail.

"He was an assassin, knocked up your mother that he claimed to have loved her, then she died and he didn't know what to do with you," the information was almost sounding like a surreal story from a book.

"So let me guess, he killed someone you know and you want revenge?" She questions.

"Very smart, expect no less from a Griffin. However, he didn't just kill someone sweetheart. He killed my entire family," suddenly, the air gets colder.

"He doesn't even know me, he wouldn't care if I live or die," she says calmly, but she's beginning to panic.

"If all comes to ruins, I'd like to know at least I got closure," he takes out a knife and fiddles with it.

"So what? You kill me?" She challenges.

"Well a bullet it too quick, torture is too long," he thinks. "A knife to your abdomen will cause great pain without me having to lift a finger," he smiles creepily.

Before she could register what happened, he slowly pushes in the knife as she listens to her flesh being torn apart. She coughs up blood when he let her chain loose and she's on the cold hard floor.

Present . . .

As everything went to ruins, Ace and some others were trying to find any evidence of where Ray could be kept hidden. Antonio ran away by using one of his men as distractions and they couldn't get information out of him.

"Sir, we didn't find anything in the south quarters," one of the guys yells over the explosions going on.

"Useless, go get yourself killed by actually fighting and doing something productive," Ace growls out which surprises the others, nonetheless the poor guys obliges to his wish.

"Are we sure this is the right place?" Blake asks.

Ace sighs, rubbing his hand roughly through his hair. When he was about to call retreat, he heard one of his men scream for him. Without wasting another second, he goes to what seemed like a hidden door in the corner and marches down to another door.

Taking a deep breath in, he opens the door and freezes in his spot. Ray was laying there in a pool of her own blood.

"Christ, go get the paramedics!" Blake yells in urgency.

"No no no," Ace repeats stepping closer. "Stay with me Ray!" He clutches her close and checks her weak heartbeat.

He carries her out of the room, running to the gang's car with Blake. Once thy reach it, he gently puts her in the backseat with Blake and rushes to the drivers to take off.

Not even five minutes later, after tons of speeding and anger tears blinked away, they reach the hospital.

"We need help!" Blake yells when they get into the emergency building.

"I'll have you sign a form," a nurse says quietly. Blake motions to Ray which made the nurse on high alert and called for some doctors.

"I'm coming with y'all," Ace says lowly to one of the doctors that appeared.

"I'm sorry sir, families aren't allowed in," the doctor says politely.

"I'm going in!" He yells, slamming his hand on the table.

"She needs surgery right now," he hears one of the doctors whisper.

"What's happening?" Ace looks around worried.

"She's going to need surgery right away if we have any chance of saving her," Ace's blood runs cold. This was his fault he thought.

It wasn't possible for him to hate himself even more when they wheeled the limped out Ray into the OR section where they began the surgery on her.

He slides down the wall and puts his face in his hands, trying to figure out all the things he could've done.