Chapter 47 | Happy

'Right now, I'm in a state of mind
I wanna be in like all the time
Ain't got no tears left to cry
So I'm pickin' it up, pickin' it up
I'm lovin', I'm livin', I'm pickin' it up'

◉◞౪◟◉`)

Two weeks later
A c e

After a lot of rest, supervised by Ray, I was finally off bedrest and I took that opportunity to book a flight back to New York. It was clear Ray has become miserable here since most the guys were still in the hospital, and her father has been visiting every once in a while.

I made amends with Blake, he promised to never act on whatever he was feeling with Ray and that he knew nothing will happen from the beginning. Furthermore, he gave me his blessing, which I didn't need, and wished us both a long happy relationship.

"Hey, do you know where my necklace went?" Ray asks, referring to her mother's necklace.

"I think I saw it in the shower," I say, concentrating on packing since we have to leave in less than one hours.

"Ray, I can pack my stuff in five minutes," she mocks what I said last night.

"I can with absolute silence," I glare and she pretends to be offended.

"Tick tock then," she says and leaves the room dramatically.

Instead of feeling annoyed, I get this warm feeling in my chest just looking at her.

"Babe, are you done?" I hear Ray telling from outside.

"Yup," I say, zipping up my bag and checking that I have everything on me.

"Did you tell Noah we're leaving?" She asks when I come outside.

"I thought you'd tell him," I say, knowing very well she won't.

"Okay, sure," she rolls her eyes, but actually gets her phone out to call him which surprises me.

After a little more while, she comes back and tells me he says goodbye and bids us a safe trip.

"Are you okay?" I ask Ray which have come from the airplane's bathroom stall for the fifth time since the takeoff.

"I think it might have been the lobster we had yesterday," she says, looking paler every time I see her.

"I'm really sorry," I say, feeling horrible since the lobster was my idea.

"You didn't plan on giving me food poisoning, you're fine," she jokes and sits back down in the aisle seat. Her seat was originally the window but after the third trip to the bathroom, we thought it would be easier if we switched.

"We land in Florida to switch planes in three more hours," I put my hand on her knee to give a little comfort.

"I'll be fine," she laughs nervously, maybe wondering if she'll last that long.

R a y

Let me give you the summary of the past couple of hours since you last read. Just like Ace said, we landed in Florida but I was feeling much better at the time. Then in our next flight, the same thing happened to me but I tried to play it cool so I don't worry Ace more than he already was.