note

So I have no rights to this story and I have no idea who came up with it,  but it's a story I've been told since I was little.

The yellow dog

A man walking his small dog one day came across another man with a big dog.  This man sees him,  and goes "get him" and the big dog goes "chomp" and the small dogs gone.

The man walks away sad,  draging his leash behind him.  A couple days later the man has an even bigger dog and once again he comes across the other man. 

"get him" the other man says and "chomp" just like before the smaller dog is gone.

This goes on a couple more times until one day the man is walking a long yellow short dog.  He see's the other man.

The other man smirks, but before he can say anything, the man with the yellow dog beats him to it, "get him" and just like that "chomp" the big dog is gone.

The other man looks at him in shock "what kind of dog is that!"

"well," he looks at him "it was an alligator before I cut his tail off and painted him yellow"

I love this story despite how sad it is,  but I feel like it describes me. Giving people chances over and over again to prove that I was right to expect the best from them. And each time they hurt me, but then one day they try again and this time I destroy them completely.

In life,  don't push someone to the point of painting an alligator yellow and releasing it on you.