Resurrection

Author's Note: This is the final chapter but don't worry I will be writing a sequel as certain things remain unfinished and answered when this ends.

-

Coming home from his hunting trip to find the ominous message his sister-in-law had left on his home phone was not how Sam had wanted to spend his night after the last few days wandering around in the woods in search of a rare and elusive butterfly, which sadly still eluded him.

'S-Sam they're b-back and th-D-David, he's after Lily p-please hurry...' Then nothing.

The message was over a day old which was worrisome and Sam only knew one David that could make Star act like that. So 'they're back' could only mean one thing, one very bad thing. He quickly gathered his vampire hunter equipment that the old man had hoped would forever remain officially retired and took off for a house he had not seen in years and hadn't wanted to set eyes on ever again.

During the ride, he tried to call Star's number, but it didn't go through and he once again cursed her refusal to get a cellphone. Not that it would matter if David had gotten his hands on her, with that in mind he called the only other people who could possibly help her in the area.

The Frog brothers.

He also received no response from their numbers, he tried their parent's number but didn't hope for much and he was right too as he received no answer there either.

Sam had hoped that Star was wrong, but it wasn't looking like it. Because if Star had called him then she likely called Edgar and Alan already and the fact that they had cell phones and both weren't answering was telling.

This was going to be a long drive he thought as he glanced at the glowing digital numbers reading 8:07 at night and dialed another number for a conversation that he was dreading. The phone rang twice before a voice answered annoyed, "What do you want Sam?"

"Listen, Chris, I know you don't like me, but I have to tell you something... your mom called me and left me an upsetting message and now I can't get in contact with her. I'm on my way there now."

-

Lily didn't close her eyes she remained looking up at the stars as she fell as she didn't want to see the approaching ground but then someone shout her name, "Lily!"

Everything happened fast after that as she hit something no it was definitely someone hard and it hurt but not as much as she'd expected and it didn't help that some of the glass shards dug in deeper as the person's grip tighten around her. Tears sprung to the little girl's eyes but not from the pain but the fact that she wasn't alone anymore.

It took a minute to realize that the person who saved her was talking to her, "Are you alright!? You're bleeding, come here we need to get away from the fire."

Lily barely noticed he had picked her up while talking because she had been laying on top of him where he had fallen after catching her, he was familiar, but she was too busy crying her relief to recognize him at the moment. He carried her away from the burning house while looking around carefully for anything that might try and attack the pair of them.

His heart was pounding hard in his chest from what the girl could hear only she wasn't aware that it was both from the fright of seeing her jump and the run he had to make to get there in time to catch her.

"Lily I'm gonna set you down so I can look at your injuries okay?" She shook her head and clung tighter and he sighed not knowing how to interact with children let alone ones that were obviously scared, that's why Michael ended up with them instead of him he thought to himself.