Shock

He frowned at John, sitting in his seat, then moved to look at the girl in John’s seat. And he froze. John looked on surprised to see Sherlock surprised. Sherlock was never surprised. And even when he was, he’d never show it. Sherlock stood there, still unmoving. The girl grinned and stood up, and embraced him. Sherlock stayed still for a second, before wrapping his arms around the girl. John was more shocked then he’d ever been, and was sure his mouth was open. Sherlock was actually showing affection towards a human being. Was this a dream? Was that his girlfriend? Did Sherlock have a girlfriend? Did he lie when he said that he hadn’t got a girlfriend? Or was she a new girlfriend? As these thoughts whirled around John’s mind, Sherlock pulled apart slightly to look into the girl’s face.
“How was Australia?”
She grinned. “Oh, you know. Canberra was nice,” she said, turning away. “A bit cold.”
Sherlock rolled his eyes, a very un-Sherlock gesture. “How long are you in town for?”
The girl smiled and sat back in John’s place. “Indeterminately.”
Sherlock’s eyes lit up slightly. “Really?” he said, musing to himself.
John couldn’t take anymore. “Uh, yeah, hi again. Sorry, what’s going on?”
The two looked at him with twin green eyes, and John had a sharp sense that he was missing something important, something that Sherlock would doubtlessly have picked up on in a second.
Sherlock sighed. “Avery, meet John Watson. John, meet Avery Holmes. My sister.”