The Intruder

"You personally brought her here mother! Why would you do that for her? The intruder yells obviously furious.

"I didn't do anything for her Sangyun  and keep your voice down!" The mother replied and I didn't need any clarification on who's voice is that.

"You told me she's dead ..that you killed her when you realized that she was still alive, but.. But I saw her, I just saw her today and all grown up.

My.. Ha!" The Intruder chuckled in disbelief.

"Sangyun, what did you do? Tell me you didn't do anything to her!" The mother yelled and even though I couldn't see her, I could hear the panic in her voice.

"No, not yet but I will soon."

"Sangyun!"

"She can't have her mother, the girl is an evil shaman. She bewitched the Empress and soon she's going to see right through us. Kill her or I will after I ruin her." The intruder said, his voice full of hatred.

"Why did you think I kept her alive all those years.. I did it for you, can't you see! You're a free man now son all because of that outcast. The late Emperor refused to let you out because the people were against it, but she did it in a matter of just one word. The Empress will do anything I ask her to just because of that outcast!

She wants her!!

I don't know if it's love but I know that if anything were to happen to her, there will be chaos ..even the kingdom too knows this so behave Sangyun or your spirit will watch your dead body being buried six feet underground!" The mother warned and her tone, what she said confuses me. 

"My lady" Jandi whispered. I heard her though and I did wonder why she was whispering but then I figured she didn't want the Empress or the Royal mother to know that she wasn't doing her job well and that's why I ran away from my chamber.

"My lady." Jandi called again as she came near me. I didn't answer her, my attention was still on Royal mother and the intruder who happens to not be an intruder in the palace but a prince whose mother I haven't actually figured out. All the Emperor children call, be it the mistress, concubine or the legal consort of their father. They all call them mother. 

I don't know much about the late Emperor and so I don't know his children ..nor if he married many consorts.

"My lady." Jandi called as she stepped beside me, my attention still inside the closed door and so I didn't know when she came so close and tapped me on the back and whispered "My Lady" in my ear.

I know she whispered it but it sounded so loud to my ears. "Oh my god! eyyy..!!" I screamed, panicking as i thought i was caught and going to be punished but when i realized what i had done and who it is, i used one of my hand to cover my mouth and the other to cover Jandi's own in order to prevent us from making a sound but it's already too late.

The Royal mother already heard the noise and is starting to open her chamber door.

"Who's there?" She asked and I didn't know what to say or do.

Immediately she opened the door i pushed Jandi aside and rushed into her hands and started crying as I said in a scared voice.

"Someone tried to.. Someone tried t.. to.." I started to say but couldn't continue as I'm overwhelmed by my own tears and everything I learned today, although half of it didn't make any sense to me.

"Come on girl, it's just in your head and aren't you supposed to be preparing for your wedding?" Royal mother asked as she pushed me aside then turned her gaze to a very scared Jandi who quickly kneel then bow as in greetings.

"Get up and go prepare her for her wedding. I don't want this to ever happen again ..running around with just a night wear on is so improper ..useless and stupid ..useless, just useless." Royal mother said as she looked from Jandi to me with so much anger in her eyes then she turned her back from us, opened her door and entered inside, immediately closing it in frustration.