Love confession

A head peeped from behind a half closed door looking at the two sideways and when her eyes clarified that no one was there, she stepped out of her hiding place and began walking towards her Empress chamber in a hurry.

Her two feet stopped abruptly when her ears heard someone coughing mockingly from behind her. She took a deep breath and turned.

--------------+ Jandi POV

"Hiding from Kyung-sook ..aren't we all?" Min Yong-hwan said, smirking.

"You scared me Yong-hwan." I said hugging my chest in relief that it's not one of Kyung-sook lab dogs or else I will be punished for hiding from my duties even though I was actually hiding from dying untimely due to a panic attack.

"Anyways, I couldn't risk her choosing me to be the one to prepare her tonight when she wants to retire for the night. I would die. Have you heard her talking?" I asked with a serious tone and a frightened face which emitted laughter from Yong-hwan causing me to start laughing too as I continued my demonstration of how Kyung-sook can send someone to their early grave.

"She would also threaten everything in your body if you make a simple mistake and also if you don't ..from breaking one of your fingers, to cutting your hands off and feeding it to you herself. Also she will say that if you refuse to eat it that she will kill you and then feed your body to the vultures only because a dead person can't eat and she will be saying this while kicking your feet or slapping you around also as she says in a low tone with her annoying voice that sound so evil "Useless! You all are useless!" I said mockingly while still laughing.

"I heard she even used that phrase on the Public Censor ..Ying Yi Ren just because he refused to acknowledge her as royalty." Yong-hwan added and the two of us started laughing all over again.

After a while..

"Well I'm not surprised. Anyways, I've got to go Yong-hwan ..My Empress awaits me." I said then turn my back and began moving towards my previous destination.

"Did you get my letter or is this your way of telling me no, I will like to know your answer you know." Min Yonghwan said which made me halt, then turned back around ..now facing him, a confused expression.

"What letter?" I asked, confused.

"My love letter." Min Yong-hwan replied.

"What love letter." I asked, sounding confused, which I am ..a little, but on the inside I'm excited because Min Yonghwan is no longer avoiding me and he is now talking to me but i still don't want to jump to any conclusions yet ..in case he's talking about another thing or another person entirely.

"I wanted to ask you in person but I saw you the other day smiling one of your dreamy smiles when one of your co workers showed you a love letter that she got from her admirer ..so I decided to write one for you since I figured you did like that better but now I know you didn't get the letter so I'm telling you in person.

"Jandi I like you." He said and then took my hands in his. "

"Before you say anything ..just know this, I have already thought about it. I thought about our circumstances a lot but I just end up realizing that I love you more. I know fighters shouldn't love because they might end up putting their loved ones at risk but we're here now together and that's why we should cherish every moment. I think.." He continued to say but I interrupted him.

"I don't love you Yong-hwan." I said and I know he heard me but  pretended not to and hugged me, holding me tightly.

I pushed him off me and yell. "I don't love you Yong-hwan!." 

When i realized that he now finally heard me, I breathed a sigh of relief while saying.. "I'm sorry Yong-hwan but I don't love you like that  ..I'm in love with someone else."

He looked at me, his eyes filled with rage . "Yabo, right?" He asked spitefully before yelling.

"Oh wow! The Empress loves a woman, married her and now her people now sees it as a thing and become delusional about whom they love and don't. The funny part is the woman you said you love doesn't even know that you exist and you're here crushing on her." He said, his voice now getting angrier and loud.

"Stop." I said in a low tone wanting him to stop because his words are embarrassing me and even though they are true I still refused to believe them or allow him to throw them at my face.

"Stop..?" He asks as if confused but he wasn't. He continued looking at me with so much hurt in his eyes but he counseled it with a smirk and an awful glare as he said in a whisper.

"You think I don't know you're crushing on her ..I know! Damn if everyone else doesn't too!

I know ..ok! I knew all along but I was hoping, I was hoping that one day you'd wake up and laugh it off.

"Why her?" I'm sure she even knows of your feelings but she doesn't give a damn so Jandi, why her? What could you possibly want from a woman!?" He asks angrily and loudly and then suddenly grabs my hand as if he would get an answer by doing that, but his hold on me is tight and is sending pain all over my body.

"You're hurting me Yong-hwan." I said fighting so hard not to cry from the obvious pain my body is receiving but fail as a tear slid down my check. I feel more pain because we used to be friends and he just willingly discarded it because of this.

"I'm so sorry.." He pleads when he realizes what he was doing and the obvious pain I'm in. He pulled me to himself and hugged me while still whispering .." I'm so sorry nae ma-eum."

"We are friends Yong-hwan, we were best friends." I whispered while still crying as I hugged him back.

"I know and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let my heart get in the way of our friendship. I'm so sorry Jan di, I didn't mean to hurt you." He pleaded and then softly asked. "Can't you stop loving her?"

"I can't Yong-Hwan, I love her." I replied before asking. "Friends.." I whispered, hoping and praying that he will agree to just that.

"Forever." He replied, making me chuckle and as I did, the two of us began laughing while still hugging each other, not wanting to end our renewed bonding yet ..that is until a voice that always sets my heart at race asks in a steamed tone.

"What's going on here?."