Engaged To Be Engaged

Ander sat down confidently at the breakfast table, prepared to explode her family's mind.

"What's up?" Rin asked her. "You look more quizzical then usual."

"Did you seriously just say 'quizzical'?" Shore questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you seriously married and still living with your parents?" Rin shot back.

"Ray and I are engaged." Ander announced. Everyone froze, gaping at her.

"Nope." Kelp finally declared. "No. Nope. Definitely not happening."

"Um, DEFINITELY happening." Joy argued, a smile spreading across her face. "How'd he propose? Was it cute?"

"How come I didn't get that reaction?" Shore asked. Joy's eyes narrowed.

"SO. Are we allowed to attend the wedding, or will Rin be the only child I'm allowed to see get married?" She asked, senting a pointed look in Shore's direction.

"....Got it." He muttered, staring at the table sheepishly.

"Woah woah woah, hold up." Rin insisted. "Who said anything about me getting married? I'm not getting married."

"Not TODAY," Ander began.

"Not any day." Rin corrected. 

"What?" They all immediately questioned. Rin shrugged.

"I don't ever want to get married."

"What about Parrot?" Joy asked, looking shocked. 

"I mean, I love Parrot, and he loves me, and we're dating; but I just don't really see us as the type of dragons who get married."

"HA!" Ander exploded sarcastically, getting in her sister's face. "HA. HA. HA." Rin didn't even blink.

"What, might I ask, is so funny?" 

"The fact that you intend to remain single for the rest of your life." Ander declared. "The stars say much different."

"Well, your stars aren't always right."

"Yes they are." Ander snapped suddenly before softening her tone. "Even when I wish they weren't....They still always know.."

"So, what? The stars told you that Parrot is gonna ask me to marry him and we have dragonets and  live happily ever after and all that stuff?"

"...Not exactly en ese orden." Ander offered. "But alas, no spoilers." Rin looked confused.

"So! Ander! You're engaged!" Shore declared, changing the subject. "Let's go back to that!" Joy let out a sad sigh.

"Little Ander's getting MARRIED!" Joy exclaimed, leaning over dramatically in her seat. "Kelp, I feel old!" Kelp raised an eyebrow.

"Joy, you're thirty."

"So?"

"You have over a century left in your life- you're not old." Joy narrowed her eyes slightly, before poking him.

"....Touche." 

"And to answer your earlier question, madre, yes, you are invited to the wedding." Ander proclaimed. "In fact, you shall be forced to attend. But there will be more chairs then visible guests."

"I'm fine with that." Joy insisted. "Have you set a date?"

"And while you're at it, have you named your kids?"  Rin asked. Ander grinned knowingly, but shook her head at Rin.

"We don't have to set a date." Ander explained. "I'll just until the altar finds me."

"That might take a while." Kelp offered.

"I don't mind." Ander insisted dreamily. "Mi amore is worth it."