3. Exile

3. Exile

"I must say I'm disappointed, Mr Kunomasu."

Nao stood before the principal in the dimly lit office. He was scrutinized with only anger and disappointment, watch little move Asano Gakuho made was met with an uncomfortable shiver rushing down his skin.

"I believe you have understood the consequences of your actions," Asano did not sound pleased-- the details of the issue shimmered in the background, burning bright as those eyes Asano had. It was like being stared down by the devil himself-- mortifying.

Naomasa kept his head down-- there was no other way.

At best, his educational license would be revoked. At worst, he would be filed a lawsuit and would have to serve in prison on assault. 

"The five students that were involved have been suspended for a week for evident reasons," Asano helpfully supplied, "as for you... here we are."

Suspended, not expelled, huh?

At the very least, they didn't get off the case scot-free. Perhaps, one of them caved and told Asano the truth of the event-- but that didn't mean Naomasa would be any less guilty.

For an educational professor to raise a hand on a kid-- that was in no way right, in any situation. And Naomasa knew that.

He gulped, nervous.

"I trust you were late for a hospital checkup this morning?" Asano inquired, surprisingly politely.

Naomasa flinched, raising his head slightly-- "Y-Yes, sir..."

"Well," Asano hands were folded-- his smile was eerie, a simple facial expression serving as a threat-- "I suppose we cannot condemn you, in honour of the injuries you sustained."

Huh?

"Excuse me-- I'm sorry, what?" Nao gawked.

"I've heard that Class E up on the hill have been suffering issues of students being unable to settle and behave against their teachers," Asano explained briefly, as if it were a matter of fact all of a sudden-- wait, why is Class E involved? Sir?

Unable to settle and behave against their teachers, Nao considered carefully, he didn't remember much of the teachers up there having trouble warming up-- ah, is Bitch-sensei already around? No, even so, she settled down quite well in the following period of time...

"They've been a recent hassle, unfortunately, due to very unforeseen circumstances," Asano simpered, "it would concern me if someone trustworthy was not by their side to tug on their reins once in a while."

"Pardon my... rudeness, sir," Naomasa stuttered over his words, concerned, "but was not Yukimura Aguri-sensei in charge of the class prior to her passing? I fail to recall if there was a new establishment of a teacher in charge of 3-E."