Chapter XXVII

.Age 18. Final part.

Graduation party..

Today is my graduation party. My Dad and Cat had been planning it and so far it is turning out amazing. Cat worked her ass off to make all the food homemade and Havens mom made my Evanescence cake. I hated my school's mascot so she replaced it with something I love. I had so many people turn out to the party and had a great time. We had swimming and drinks and a bad ass DJ. When night fell is when the real party started. Doug and I were on the swing when Kyle and my friend Neil came asking for a bottle of fireball.

"It's in my car" I said.

Doug and I were snuggled on the swing in my backyard while the rest of the festivities took place in my neighbors backyard. there was a wooden gate connecting our two yards. Doug's arm was around me and my head was on his chest, we were just bullshitting about what we had been up to since graduation a month ago. He had gotten a job at a factory two weeks ago and he was telling me all about it. Oh yeah, I got a car. And a full time job. I am now the proud owner of a 2001 Chevy Blazer. White. I am a custodian for GCA. A cleaning company for public schools. I work about a hour away from home but I kind of like it. I take my road test next week and I am so nervous.

We continued talking until my legs were on his while we still sat on the swing. Our conversation had turned to relationships. He and Ashton had just broken up and I was freshly Widowed. I promised myself that after Dans death I would take a year off of dating. That time is almost up. Morgan had tried to play matchmaker with me and her friend Branden but I think he became uninterested when I told him I was a widow. He hasn't talked to me in about a week and Morgan said that he is shy and to give him time. But I think I am ready now, I don't want someone whos shy. I want someone who is fun and energetic and likes to give me a hard time. Kinda like Doug.

We had messaged a couple of days ago while I was at work and I had told him I kind of liked him, He said he liked me to and thought about him and I alot but it was to soon for a relationship for him. But I am ready, I don't want to rush him and don't want him to think it means anything.

"While I was at work yesterday I..."

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He kissed me back but then...

"Hey, Light where?" Kyle said walking up.

"Oh...Am I interrupting something."  he said starting to blush. 

It was dark as shit out but i've known Kyle half my life almost, I know when he's blushing.

"Umm.." I start to say.

"My Mom is here to pick me up I got to go, Thanks for having me tho." He says standing and giving me a hug. And walks away.

"Damn it." I whisper.

"Everything okay? Did I ruin something?" Kyle asks.

"No, but I think I did." I say walking to the bonfire.

When the night went on the more drinks I had. I had consumed a whole fifth of fireball to myself and was feeling great. Until I was left alone for too long and got into my feelings. With everything going on I hadn't realized that Dan's birthday was coming up. That sent me into a whirlwind spiral of mixed emotions. Luckily my friends came to my side and talked me down a bit.

When I had calmed down and realized that I was too drunk to swim we started eating more food and having a couple of drinks by the fire. Haven had to work the next morning at her new job at Ulta so she left hours ago, Along with Morgan. Neil, Kyle, Kyle's friend Jim, Lexi, Ruth, Tisha, Ashton, Taylor, Karmen, Her cousin Rocky and My cousin Adam all took a picture by the fire and just started bullshitting until Jim passed out on a table and then it was time to go to bed. We had all pitched tents outside in the yard. Lexi, Tisha, Taylor and Ruth slept in my room while the rest of us slept in a large blue twenty person tent in my backyard. Sleep never came until the sun came up.

The next morning we woke up and Karmen had stepped in a pile of vomit that Jim had apparently done sometime during our sleep, he felt bad so he washed it down with a hose. When everyone was awake Neil and Karmen had gone to McDonalds and got us food. Since Karmen could drive and Neil had the money they both went. The rest of us, hungover, grabbed chairs and we all sat in a circle.

"Kinda feels like an AA meeting." Lexi said.

I stood up.

"Hi, I'm Lighting." I said.

"Hi Lightning." They all repeated. 

"I like to get drunk and be a slut."

Lexi lost her mind and started giggling.

"Next was Tisha."

"Hi, I'm Tisha. She said struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Hi Tisha." We said.

"I like weed."

"Wrong meeting!" Ruth shouted.

We all laughed and the food showed up, thus ending our little pow wow.

I know it could have gone better but I enjoyed my graduation party. That was the last time we had all hung out like that. Then I learned a valuable lesson. I've heard the expression people change. But didn't fully understand it until I was betrayed by one of them.