Chapter 47

EDITED

Drago felt the time stop as Liam Carter took his bride's hand in his to walk down the stairs. Her veil was covering her face, her golden hair flowing in the breeze-

Wait.

Golden?

Sonia's hair isn't golden, it's dark brown, like chocolate and strong coffee and hazelnuts.

Drago frowned as he tried to focus on the bride's face. Everyone around them was throwing flower petals and colorful confetti and they were obstructing his view. In a few minutes, everyone had stopped as the bride and groom walked towards the decorated garden and she removed her veil-

Tara?

It's Tara?

Tara is the bride?

Tara married Liam Carter?

--

Tara laughed as her new husband held her arm and started to escort her to the garden for their first meal as a wedded couple. Her friends around her were cheering and as she looked around at them with a grin, her eyes stopped at the church's gate. There standing alone, looking confused and shocked, was Drago Barzetti.

"Oh soot, I totally forgot." She whispered to herself and her husband looked at her.

"Did you say something?" He asked, looking at her.

"Babe, can you do me a favor?" She said quietly as he chuckled.

"Anything and everything for you my love!" He said cheekily and she smiled.

"Can you please get someone to escort that man inside? It's very important!" She said, pointing at Drago.

"Sure. Who is that by the way?" He nodded and asked.

"Drago Barzetti." She said and he frowned.

"I think I have heard this name." He said and she nodded.

"Yes, he's a businessman from Italy and also, Ali's...um...I don't know." Tara said as a man walked up to them.

"Oh, yes, Michael, please accompany that man inside. His name is Drago Barzetti, a friend of mine." Liam said and the man nodded before leaving quickly. "So, Ali's love interest? Interesting!"

"I guess, I hope so." She said and Liam held her hand again.

"So, shall we go Mrs Carter? I am very hungry!" He said and she chuckled.

"Of course Mr Davis." She laughed as they walked inside the tent.

They had just taken their seats when Sonia came rushing towards Tara.

"What is he doing here?" She asked her friend irritatingly, looking at Drago, who was now standing just outside the tent, looking at them.

"I invited him." Tara shrugged and Sonia frowned.

"What? Why!" She asked and sat on her knees to hide herself.

"Because he's my friend and it's my wedding!" Tara said but Sonia just glared at her. "Fine! I called him here for you!"

"I told you, I do not want to talk to him." Sonia shook her head.

"Honey, you will have to. I don't know what'll happen but at least, you'll get some closure!" Tara sighed and Sonia shook her head again.

"I do not want any closure!" She said and Tara rolled her eyes.

"But I want. So be a good girl and go talk to him. Just don't slap him or scream at him, I do not want any drama today! My drunk aunt was enough!" Tara sighed as Sonia bit her lips in confusion.

"Fine! But you are not getting any wedding present from me! Just think that...this is your present!" Sonia said and stood up as Tara grinned.

Sonia took a deep breath and walked towards Drago, who was still standing there quietly not quite believing that he had not lost his chance. As Sonia walked towards him, dressed in a peach and black dress, looking perfect as she always did, he could not help but thank his Gods again and again.

"Sonia-

"Let's go somewhere quite." Sonia said and he followed her behind the church, under a huge tree.

"I am sorry." Was the first thing Drago said as soon as they were alone. "I am really, really sorry. I should not have let Gina do that had I known she was doing that...but I swear, I had no idea she was investigating you. I swear, you know I wouldn't do that to you, not after we...became friends."

Sonia just looked away, not wanting to say anything and Drago sighed before continuing.

"And also, Gina is not my girlfriend. Never was, never will be." He said and Sonia looked at him with a frown.

What is he saying?

"But you love her, since forever." She said and he smiled.

"I do, I do love her but I am not in love with her. I believed I was, for a long time but lately, I don't feel that way towards her anymore. She's just a friend, if not less." He said and Sonia gulped before nodding.

"Okay." She said. "I forgive you."

Why am I forgiving him?

"Really?" Drago looked surprised, as if he wasn't expecting her to say that.

"You look shocked." She said and he shrugged.

"I didn't you would...forgive me." He said and she frowned.

"You weren't sure I would forgive you?" She asked and he nodded. "Still, you came all the way here, from Italy to America?"

What is he up to? Why is he here anyway?

"I just...had to say...what I wanted to say." He said slowly and she looked down.

"Okay." She mumbled as she kept looking down.

"I also want to tell you something else." He said and she could hear the nervousness in his voice.

Oh God, I can't take this anymore.

"I have to tell you now because when I reached here and saw the bride and the groom...I thought you got married and-

"What? You thought I got married?" She frowned and he nodded.

"Well, yes, the information said you were dating Liam Carter and I saw him as the groom and I...I am sorry, I didn't mean to." He said as Sonia looked at him as soon as he mentioned information.

"So you thought that...I was marrying Liam?" She said and he nodded before she started chuckling. "Well, you could have waited for me back in Italy, I was going to come back soon."

"I couldn't wait. I thought you were getting married and I...I had to tell you before you married." He said breathlessly as she looked at him.

"Tell me what?" She frowned and her breath hitched at the sheer sentiment in his ocean blue eyes before he opened his mouth.

"Tell you that I like you. Tell you that I have feelings for you. Tell you that I love you." 

--

I do not own this picture. Credit goes to owner.