#3

6 years ago

"You ready?" Nate asked  Jade as he called out from the bedroom.

"Yea I am as she zipped up her coat over her protruding belly. Even though she was three months she felt like eight months. She looked at herself in the mirror and placed her hand over her stomach. Lost in her own reflection she didn't notice walk up behind her and put his arms around her.

"You ready to be a mom?" Nate joked.

"You ready to be a dad?" Jade joked backed she grinned as he kissed her cheek.

"I'm ready to be much more Nate told her holding her tight.

Her phone started to ring she glanced at it

She answered putting it on speakerphone

"Hey baby," she heard her moms voice

"Hey mom''

"Hey, Ms. Carprise."

"You guys still coming?" her mom asked.

"Yea we're about to leave now," Jade told her mom.

"Ok well let me tell you...."

"Mom I'll talk to you when we get there Jade interuppted her mom not wanting to be dragged into a long conversation.

"Ok baby see you when get here," after that Jade ended the call.

"You ready," she turned to Nate who had a grin on his face.

"What," she said with a smirk as they were walking out the front door.

"Your mom talks a lot just like someone I know," he teased.

"Oh, whatever," Jade laughed as she walked to the red car standing by the passenger door shivering from the cold as Nate quickly unlocked the door and started the car up while Jade climbed inside savoring the heat on the inside.

Nate started the car and pulled off down the gloomy road snow covered the ground like a blanket.

Jade was quiet staring out the window.

Nate looked over at her.

He placed his hand on hers.

"Are you ok? He asked.

"I'm just nervous about what my parents will think once we tell them about," she placed her hand on her stomach.

"I'm sure once we tell them they will be just as happy as we are," Nate smiled at her.

She smiled back at him.

"I love.... Her eyes grew wide.

"What's wrong,' he said.

"That truck is coming toward us!" Jade panicked pointing at the semi truck directly in front of them coming in their direction.

Nate frantically started pushing his foot on the break but the car was still going.

"Nate stop the car!" Jade shouted.

"I cant the breaks isn't working!"

Then Nate looked at the side of the road and without hesitation he quickly drove the car to the side of the road hitting a fence.

After the airbags deflated he noticed the semi truck finally passed them.

"Nate....

He turned to face her to see a puddle of blood at her feet.

She looked down and the sight of the blood made her faint

Nate was panicking as he called 911.

Hours later

When jade opened her eyes she realized she was in a hospital room laying in a hospital bed.

She looked over at Nate who was sitting in a chair by her bed he was holding a small bundle wrapped in a blue blanket but his face wasn't filled with joy instead something much worse.

"Do you want to hold him Nate asked his eyes were watery.

Jade couldn't say anything as he handed her their son who was cold and limp.

Tears started running down her face and she cried as Nate pulled her close and started crying too.