Chapter 37

Two days later Jade was still in the hospital.

"Is everything ok?" Jade asked very concerned After the nurse was done taking her vitals.

The nurse looked at her.

"Your blood pressure has gone down some, but it is still high."

"Is that bad for the babies?"

"Yes, it's not only bad for them but can also be bad for you too." The nurse explained.

"Wait What does that mean?"  Jade's eyes grew wide.

"The doctor is thinking about possibly inducing you early." The nurse told her.

Jade said nothing as she started to feel scared.

The nurse seen look of fear in her eyes.

"Don't worry everything thing is going be ok," She reassured her before leaving the room.

Jade laid back in her hospital bed flipping through tv channels and being on her phone anything to keep her mind at ease and her blood pressure down.

There was a knock on the door.

"You can come in," she said.

The door opened, and Nate walked into the room holding pink flowers and a plastic bag.

"Hey how are things," he said as he placed his flowers on the table next to all the other pink flowers and balloons.

"They say I might have to be induced early..."

Nate handed her the bag as he sat down in a chair next to her.

"What's wrong he asked

Jade shook her head

"They say it's my BP."

Nate raised his brow.

"BP?" He looked at her.

"Blood pressure she explained to him."

"What's wrong with it.."

"I don't want to talk about it," Jade told him.

"What's this she asked pulling a to go box out of the plastic bag.

"Some tamales Ricardo's Mom made I know how much you like them or did like them," Nate said.

"I still like them...tamales."

Jade grabbed a fork and started eating.

Nate looked at her.

"Can I ask something?"

"Yea what is it?"

"Do you still hate me?"

Jade was quiet for a moment

She sighed.

"I never hated you..."

"Really..." Nate said surprised.

Jade crossed her arms.

"At first when we broke up yes cause you deserved it at the time, but I got over, and I don't hate you, You just kept doing things that you knew would piss me off." She explained.

Nate leaned close to her.

"I'm sorry for everything, and I'm sorry that I wasn't involved with pregnancy as I should've been.

"It's fine," Jade said for some reason she didn't want to make Nate feel guilty because he wasn't involved, but she wasn't exactly allowing him to be."

"No, it's not fine.. at least not for me I want to be involved all the way with Lovely from here on out."

"You will be, "Jade told him.

Nate looked at her and noticed the ring that was on her hand he decided not to ask her about it wanting to stay on good terms.

Once she was done eating.

"Here let me get that he said grabbing the empty box throwing it away. As he grabbed the plate, she noticed a small bruise on his wrist.

"What happened to you she asked as he threw the plate away.

He looked at her

"What do you mean he asked.

"You have a bruise on your wrist." She said holding her wrist out and pointing.

Nate looked down at his wrist.

"Oh that it's just a birthmark he told her.

"I didn't know that."

"Remember when you use to ask me why I always wore watches and wristbands and I told you because they were cool." He explained.

"So you were hiding your birthmark?"

He nodded.

"Yea why you ask you think our daughter is going to have it too he joked.

"Um, yea..."

Jade just realized that Jacob does the same thing and he only wears long sleeve shirts...

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 😊

What y'all think?

Will Nate and Jade be on good terms for good?

You think Jacob has the same birthmark?