8. Escape

Here's chapter eight, right on time.

✨🌘✨

The last two days were spent with Rylan. He would show me around Adrenous' castle which had twelve bedrooms, all with their own wet rooms. There were five living rooms, a Dining hall, which I had already seen, and three studies plus a kitchen.

But my favourite was the ginormous library.

There was still much more of the estate I had to explore including the surrounding buildings, the forest and so forth.

Other than that I had been kept in the giant bedroom where servants would bathe me and dress me before Rylan would take me out to explore more of the estate. It could be boring sometimes, staying in the bedroom alone, and I wasn't accustomed to having people serve me like I was royalty.

The fact was that I wasn't.

I was just a burden that the King had been forced to take on when I shifted at their ceremony.

Although his actions towards me confused me and I wasn't sure why he had wanted me to bathe with him that first night. He had said that I was his as if he owned me, which he didn't.

Maybe he was like it with all the females, thinking I would fall at his feet like the rest of them to please him.

My heart hurt at that thought.

That I was just one of many, who he had tried to seduce into his bed. Even though he hadn't gone further than to wash me, there was still no other reasons I could put behind it.

He cares about us.

My eyes furrowed. It was such a foreign thought that conflicted entirely with what I was thinking. I was going mad to even think that a King would care about me, the abomination of their kind.

A sigh left my lips at the thoughts swirling through my mind.

"Is everything alright?" My eyes found friendly green as Rylan stares down at me with concern. I nodded my head half heartedly but his concern didn't waiver.

Me and Rylan were sitting in the giant dining hall eating breakfast. The cook, Maria served us both a delicious plate of croissants, along with everyone else who was in here, the room being fairly emptier today than the other night.

I decided to change the topic, Rylan didn't need to know about my inappropriate thoughts about his King. "So how comes I had never heard about your abilities before?"

It worked as his concern turned into a grin as he answered, "Our own members don't even know what we're capable of, let alone you and other humans for that matter." He smirked as he stuffed his face with his croissant, taking a giant bite. I rolled my eyes at him. What an animal.

"Why did you tell me?" If no one was supposed to know what they could do, why did he even bother to tell me? "Surely you must have thought I might have run of and started telling people?"

Rylan chuckled at my question, giving me a sideways glance, "You really think I'm going to let you run off?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Well then why did you tell me?" My patience was wearing thin, whilst I started to pick at my croissant. I was becoming irritated with the fact that some things were being kept secret from me.

"Liv, your special to the King in a way you can't understand and that's why I told you but everything else if for him to explain." I snorted. Adrenous hadn't even spoken to me properly since I had been here and now he had left me here alone. With no hope of going home, whilst he dealt with the, Elders.