7. Keeping up with the Brute

I'm updating this early, meaning my next update will follow up on Friday as usual.

✨🌘✨

I woke up on my own, Adrenous no where in sight. The right side of the bed seeming uncreased, like no one had slept there. I fell asleep too quickly last night and had assumed he would get in next to me but I guess he didn't.

His actions were starting to confuse me.

The events of last night had tortured my dreams making sleep unbearable until now when I was fully awake, fully aware of my surroundings. Adrenous touching me the way he did both confused me and aroused me.

He had seen me laid out bare before him but had taken no sexual advances towards me nor forced me to engage in any. Instead he had caressed my skin with a gentle touch and bathed me like I was incapable of doing so.

To be honest I think I enjoyed it more than I should have.

The arousal was from the fact that he hadn't made any advances just like he had promised. My head didn't want him to but my body was begging for it making me feel weak at how easy it had submitted to his touch.

I sat up, gently placing my feet in the soft fabric of the carpet and stood up with a stretch, placing both arms above my head and arching my back forwards, a yawn escaping my already parted lips. I was still partially tired but I felt the need for something productive. Anything would do as long as it distracted me from thinking of this place as, some might say, a prison.

The room was bigger then I had first thought last night and smelt slightly musky as if no one had slept in here for years. This wasn't, Adrenous' room. I take it this was my own and that gave me more relief then I thought it would. Personal space was becoming a big thing for me since meeting, Adrenous, considering he had no boundaries.

The walls were cream and the carpet beneath my feet was a light beige, matching the bed sheets. However the frame of the bed along with the furniture were all a pearl white. The furniture apart from the bed consisted of a wardrobe and nightstand.

My attention fell to a pile of clothes that had been placed gently on top of the nightstand. Walking over to them I picked them up and threw them on the bed. A piece of white paper fell from the pile and gently glided in the air before I caught it in my hand.

Unfolding the piece of paper it read;

Get changed and meet Arif at the bridge.

Ps. Try and stay out of trouble.

I threw the piece of paper, letting it glide through the air once more before landing on the bed.

How could he entrust me to Arif? The one general who despised me.

I sighed and grabbed the clothes. Instead of supplying me with another dress there appeared to be a pair of black bottoms and matching top. I had always been used to dresses and felt slightly odd with having to change into this two piece assemble.

Once I was dressed I made my way through the castle. None of the other generals seemed to be around causing me to pout. I was really hoping that I didn't have to spend the day with Arif and that I could opt for one of the others, possibly Rylan, he was much nicer than that moody bastard.

I huffed as I regretfully made my way outside. Many servants watching me as I angrily stomped my way through the halls but I didn't give a shit. I'd make sure they all knew that their King had taken me against my will. Let's see how well they'd look up to him then, I thought smugly.