Chapter 6

Re-checked: Feb. 1, 2022
Edited: Feb. 1, 2022

--♣️--

Author's POV

'Let the game begin'

Everyone widens their eyes as the girl starts to count up to 10 while staring deep into their souls. Without saying anything, they ran away not noticing that they got separated one by one, again.

While they are running, they could feel the tension and fear that was surrounding them. The 7 boys are already regretting what they did. Especially Taehyung. He should have never brought his friends into this.

"6...5...4..." She counted as her demonic voice filled with excitement. She created a cloud of smoke and slowly forms it into a knife, walking slowly downstairs.

"3...2..." She continued while making her way downstairs. "1...! Ready or not, I'm coming!!" The abandoned house was now filled with dark, fear, tension, and evil.

On the other side,  Hoseok was hiding in the basement— in the closet. He was so afraid of being alone but he doesn't have any choice. He wants to be alive. He put his patience even tho the closet was full of spider webs and dust.

Yoongi hides in the 3rd bedroom on the 1st floor. He was hiding in the closet of that bedroom. He cursed under his breath. "Fvck, we're doomed."

Meanwhile, Namjoon went to the kitchen and hide under the table. He was nervous and his anxiety was attacking because of too much pressure and fear. He covered his mouth with his hand while trying too hard not to move.

Jin hides in the bathroom on the 1st floor. The bathroom smells so awful. Jin was so close to throwing up but he covered his mouth while making a disgusted face. "Ah, shit... Why does this bathroom have to smell like shit."

Jimin was hiding in the bedroom on the 2nd floor. He was under the bed. He could feel the shiver and how much he was shaking because of fear. He closes his eyes and starts to pray for his safety.

Jungkook is hiding in the same basement as where Hoseok is. He was hiding behind the couch while staying silent. He crossed his fingers while thinking of a way how to protect himself and the same as the others.

And lastly, Taehyung. He was hiding in the 2nd bedroom that was located on the 2nd floor. He was hiding in the closet.

The girl was humming while wandering in the house. She knows where they are hiding, she could feel the fear of each one of them. She has a sense of fear and once she felt it, she knew where they are and can even read their minds.

She stopped near the door of the basement where Hoseok and Jungkook are. She smirked when she sense Hoseok's fear. She opens the door— making it creak. The creature continues to walk making two boys hold their breath to stay silent.

"Here I am to find you~" She giggled, still having that demonic voice. Hoseok was quivering in fear and almost peed in his pants because of fear. While Jugkook was there, calming himself down to avoid making noise.

The mysterious girl could feel Hoseok's fear making her grin. She stares at the closet and starts to walk towards the closet while playing with the knife in her hand.

"I know you're there~" The girl whistles a familiar song, "Twinkle, Twinkle little stars". She looks from the top to the bottom of the closet as she touches the doorknob.

Without a warning, she opened the closet— only to find out how much Hoseok was sweating and was still shaking. The girl tilts her head and giggles. Hoseok already peed on his pants because of fear.

"D-don't... I'm begging you... Don't kill me..." Hoseok shakes his head while putting his hands together as if he was praying.

"Found you." The girl smiled evilly and laughs. She pointed the knife at Hoseok's stomach.

"Should I start from here...?" She said and starts to move the knife slowly to his neck making Hoseok's tears flow down. He stayed back and frozen, trying to avoid the sharp knife. "Or here....?" She added, moving the knife on his stomach.

Hoseok shooks his head while crying. "Please... I'm begging you... D-don't kill me!! I'll do everything—"

She cut his words and sighs in annoyance, gripping tightly on the knife. "Even if it costs your friend's life?" She said, making Hoseok stop. He looked up at her while his tears were falling.

The girl raised her eyebrows moving the knife, even more, closer to Hoseok's neck. "Go on. I don't want to waste my time." She said coldly. Hoseok wiped his tears and frowns.

"Do it," Hoseok said in a strong voice. On the other side, Jungkook was listening to the conversation of the girl and his Hyung. He wanted to save him but he couldn't because of fear and being afraid to die.

Jungkook was sweating very hard while trying to keep his mouth shut. 'Hoseok hyung... don't do this...' he thought.

The girl laughs and stares at him. "You're not afraid anymore?? Earlier, you are begging me to stop—" Hoseok cut off her words.

"Why? Will you listen to me?" Hoseok said as his stare slowly turns into a glare. "You just only want me to beg. I want to escape this shit. I want to escape this nightmare and end your stupid game!!" He yelled making Jungkook to be shocked by his hyung's action. He didn't expect him to act this way. Mostly, Hoseok is like a chicken but he is like a hero who is willing to sacrifice his life for others.

"Do. It." Hoseok said as he stares at the girl sharply. "Heroes are not afraid of saying goodbye." He said in a brave tone. The girl smirked and looked at him with awe. "Your wish is my command." She said before sliting his neck.

Hoseok gasps as he held his neck while the blood is coming out from his neck. He fell to the floor as his vision slowly began to blur. Jungkook widens his eye as he slowly peaks from his hiding spot.

Hoseok stares at Jungkook with a smile. "T-thank you..." he whispered and close his eyes.

Before he left the world, his memories with his friends start to flash back in his mind. 'This world is cruel and even more mysterious. But you made my world happy and hopeful. Thank you...'

Jungkook couldn't stop himself from crying. Seeing Hyung die makes him want to hurt himself. He hates himself for being weak— for not defending him. 'I'm sorry...' he said in his mind. "I'll never forget you...Hoseok hyung..." he whispered silently.

The girl laughed evilly before leaving Hoseok's dead body on the ground. She left the basement as Jungkook quickly ran to him. He held him tightly.
"W-wake up... I'm begging... Hyung..." his voice was shaking. He wanted to scream but he couldn't.

"I'm sorry for not defending you..." Jungkook cried as he slowly hugs Hoseok's dead body in his arms.

' Until I meet you again...Hyung..."