Ch. 17

Batman was riding towards Danny's last known location on a motorcycle. He saw that the building was burned to ashes.

He walked through the ruble, and saw Danny's lifeless body. He picked him up and pulled him to his chest.

"If only I had come sooner," he said and smiled weakly

He wanted Danny to say something, to open his mouth but Danny's mouth never moved. 

His son was realky dead or at least that is what he thought.

Batman brought his dead son home so he, Alfred, and the now thirteen year old Dick could mourn. They put the body in a coffin and buried the body.

Nine months had passed, Batman and Robin had gotten over the old shock of their son and brother's death.

Dick was still thirteen years old. He was happy because tomorrow was the big day. He and the other sidekicks to were moving from their initial positions to official member of the Justice League. Why wouldn't he be happy.

Tomorrow was the day

---

I was jolted awake, and I couldn't see. Am I in hell I instantly thought.

"Your in a box," a voice said

"Who said that," I asked aloud

"I'm inner consciousness," it said

"Inner conscience... I didn't know I had one."

"Well you do, why else do you think I'd be here."

"I don't know, maybe your my inner depressed self telling me to gut mt self alive. Sorry I'm kind of suicidal."

"... Thats alright, kid, I don't judge."

"So why am I in a box... Wait am I dead?"

"Well... no, your partially dead, like half ghost and half kid. I know it is a lot to wrap your head around, but bear with."

"Ok, I kind of understand, but how did I die," I ask weakly, nervous of the answer

"You... died in a fire a month and a half ago, it was the Joker. Batman tried to save you but it was to late. Be warned the Joker is still out there, he needs to be punished for his crimes."

"He he he, do mean like killing," I said with a murderous smile

"Sure kid go wild, and remember if you want to be free of this box. Just focus on going in intangible and you will."

Before Danny could ask anymore questions, the voice was gone.

"Okay think intangible, just like the voice said." He thought and thought, and just when he was starting to give up hope. He started to float right... through the box?

He came out of the ground and he saw the rising sun for the first time in what felt like forever. Danny blinked his eyes, trying to get use to the bright light in his eyes. His hair fell into his eyes abd it was white!! What the hell I thought.

I looked down and I saw that I was floating at least ten feat of the ground. I yelled, if I can think about going intangible and doing it. 

Then I can think about going back to the ground. Drop I thought but nothing happened. I just floated up higher, now thirty-ish off the ground. 

"Take me back to the ground, shit, damn it!?" I yelled in frustration and confusion

I suddenly felt gravity pulling me down- pulling me down fast.

"Oh crap I didn't mean fast, stop, stop. STOP!!!"

Just when I thought I was going to half die, I stopped. I then float lightly on the grond, and landed on my knees.

I started to gasp, I couldn't breath. Shit, my asthma, is all I thought next.

I tried to get up, but I fell on back. I heard my back crack, and I started to seize up.

Suddenly, I heard something, there was voices. That didn't stop me from struggling any less.

"I heard it coming from here," a male voice said

I heard a thrash and started to move away, but it was to late because the found me. I stopped breathing so heavily because by back hurt even more.

Before I went into complete unconsciousness; I saw two men that resembled robin hood. One was wearing green an the other, red and yellow. They looked familiar, but I couldn't tell.

Then, everything went black.

Roy's P.O.V

"Take me back to the ground, shit, damn it," I heard a voice yell in the distance 

Stop I heard the same voice yell. The voice sounded oddly familiar, like I heard it from somewhere.

"I heard it coming from here," Green Arrow; my mentor and partner said

I followed his voice and I saw a kid, unconscious, on the ground.

He had mismatched; black and white hair. The kid was wearing a tuxedo, but it looked strange. 

The kid was wearing a white jacket over a black undershirt. The jacket was dirty and he was wearing a black domino mask.

He looked very skinny probably underweight, I looked over to my mentor. It looked like Green Arrow had the same epiphany. 

I walked over to the small boy and picked him up. He made a small yelp. His hair was also in a small ponytail,  the part of his hair that was in a ponytail was pure white.

I made a move to take off the mask he was wearing but the kid's hand shot up. He grabbed onto my wrist, made a small whimper, and let go.

"Hey Roy be careful, I think you might've broke something."

He turned his head towards Green Arrow. "Hey GA, how have," he wheezed, "have you and Speedy been?"

"We've been better, I think finding you out here all alone made it worse," Green Arrow said

"Why are you here isn't (wheeze) this in Gotham," he said

"Actually, were outside of Gotham, and aren't you Crow, the protégé of Batman."

"Yeah one of two protégés. I know I look different," he says, looking down at his mismatched tuxedo, "but I'm still the same person."

His head fell and he went back into unconsciousness. 

"We should take him home," looking sorry for his small friend

"Agreed," Green Arrow says

---

Done

See ya'll next time