Chapter 24

I was speechless.

Was Keith really... asking me out?

A boy never bothered asking me out. They always asked out the ones who were tall, skinny, and beautiful.

Everything I was not.

Realizing that Keith was looking at me, I, being the stupid idiot I am, put my hand on his forehead.

"A-are you feeling alright?" He looked really confused.

"Pidge, I am fine. But please answer my question," he pleaded, moving my hand down and pulling me tighter against him. 

"U-uh"

"O-oh, I-I understand. Hey, it's fine. I get it that you don't want to-"

"No, wait! I do! I mean, I think I do! I really don't know!" I blurted out, confusing myself. 

Keith suddenly changed from the shy, stuttering kid back to how he was: a bad boy who always smirked. 

He walked us both back until my back was against one of the lockers. What is he doing?

"Whenever I do this Pidge, does your heart start to flutter?" he said, pulling me into a hug.

Not trusting myself to speak, I nod a little. He pulled back, satisfied, and then move his head close to my ear.

"When I am this close to you Pidge, does your stomach fill up with butterflies?" 

Oh my god. This was getting way too intense for me.

I nodded, letting out a small yes.

"When I do this, do your legs feel weak?" He asked, putting his lips on my neck, leaving a gentle kiss there.

I couldn't say anything, I was in shock. He repeated the action in the same spot. It felt like a butterfly was fluttering its wings on my skin.

"Pidge, I need an answer," Keith said, pulling away before continuing his action.

"Y-yes," I stuttered, blushing and feeling like I was going to fall.

He pulled away and looked at me. 

"Then you probably like me. Maybe a little. At least I know I do," he said, shocking me.

"R-really? I-is this a-a joke?" I asked, looking around, waiting for a crowd to come and start laughing at how gullible I was.  

"Of course not! I really do like you Pidge, as much as you don't believe it. And that's why I want to go on a date with you. Only if you want to though. I'm not forcing you to," he said, making me melt at how considerate he was being.

"Y-yes."

"W-what?" he said, surprised.

"Yes, I will go on a date with you. I-I like you, too," I say, feeling more confident about it. 

"Oh thank god. Haha, Lance can go suck it," Keith said, giving me a big hug.

"W-wait, what does Lance have to do with this?" Was this all a bet or something? Were they both going to get a laugh out of this?

Keith looked sheepish as he said, "Well, during Math, Lance said that if I asked you out, he would stop calling me Mullet. But trust me, I really did want to ask you out. T-this was just a boost for me," I awed at how embarrassed he looked, giving him a hug.

"Y-you're cute," I say, and he scowls.

"I'm not cute. You are. I am the hot, sexy one," he said, making me giggle.

"Come on. Let's go back to lunch," Keith said, pulling me by the hand. 

"Wait, when is the date?" I asked, and Keith stopped, realizing he forgot to let me in on this very important fact.

"Today, at 7 p.m. I'll text you more about it after school. Don't want to ruin anything. Now, let's go back to lunch."

I nod, following him. As we entered the large room, I saw that some people were looking at and whispering about Keith and I's conjoined hands. Since I was so excited about the fact that I was asked out for the first time, I didn't pay attention to them. 

When we reached Lance and Hunk, their eyes widen.

"M-mullet actually grew some balls and asked Katie out?" Lance said, very shocked.

"Yup, and you can't call me Mullet for 3 weeks. Starting now," Keith said, pulling us both down. He put his arm around me and I blushed, unused to the affection.

"D*mn never thought he would do that," Hunk said, chuckling.

"Wait," I said, a thought coming to my mind, "What would happen if Keith didn't ask me out? What would Lance do?"

"Uh," Lance started, looking ashamed. "I-I said that I would ask you out."

I didn't say anything for a while. Why would Lance do that? Oh my god. Is there a chance that Lance might... like me?

Probably not Pidge. One guy likes you. Don't get your hopes up.

"L-lance, you're a good friend, but I only see you like that. I'm sorry if you thought differently. It was never my intention to do that, I swear!" Lance started to laugh, which made me frown. Here I was, being guilty, and he is laughing at me?

"Don't worry Katie. I don't like you like that, no offense in any way. I just said that to rile up Mu- Keith and make sure he asked you out," he said, fixing his slip up of Keith's nickname. 

Oh, that makes sense.

"O-oh, okay. Sorry," I said, embarrassed. Lance laughed it off, and we continued to eat lunch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Two updates in one day? This chapter is shorter than usual, but this is an achievement for me. 

So, Pidge said yes (after a very... interesting moment).

What do you think Kidge's first date will be like?

Will Matt approve? Or will he kill Keith?

Don't forget to comment and/or vote!!