Chapter 12

Dll's p.o.v.

Peace and quiet. No noise was made. Just how I like it. Until a voice came towards us that belonged to the kitsune. The house was a few steps away but we stopped for him to catch up.

"Tails, did you find her?" the echidna asked once he came to a complete stop

"I... didn't... find her... but... I saw... you here... so I came... back." he said breathlessly. He took one look at X in my arms and his eyes went wide.

"What..."

"Don't ask." Scourge interrupted folding his wings up tight as he and Sawyer followed me through the still open doors of the house. I sat down with X's head on my lap, still tied up. The mortals all came inside and stood behind the couch, watching us.

"What should we do with them?" Sawyer asked nodding towards them

"I think it's best if their not here when X wakes up." I stroked the quills of my soon to awaken brother

"Why are they here anyway?"

"We're Sonic's friends." the bat said putting her hands on her hips

"I wasn't asking you." Sawyer growled through his teeth

"Calm down, god or we're going to have to deal with two insane hedgies." Scourge joked

"Shut up demon."

"ENOUGH!" I barked at them and they took a step away from me "I got you here to help me with X, not to act like kids."

"Sorry." they mumbled in unison

I sighed and looked down at his peaceful face. He looks like an angel when he sleeps but we all know that once he wakes up, we're going to have to knock him back to his senses. I looked at the group behind me and they were getting a little uncomfortable from my outburst.

"It's best if you go look for the traitor. Your scent might make X go crazy and make our job harder." they looked at each other before walking towards the door. The kitsune stopped and walked back to me putting another communicator on my wrist.

"In case you need anything and tell us first thing when Sonic gets better." I nodded and he followed his friends outside closing the door behind them.

"Uh, Snake?" I looked up at Scourge and he pointed at X, who was looking at me from the corner of his eyes. 'That's strange, his eyes are still dots. There supposed to be slits.' He started to squirm in my arms and I held his waist and chest. He took notice of my arm and chomped down. Hard.

I yelped but didn't let go. Sawyer held his toy in front of his face and X slowly released my arm from his jaw. The toy he held was the same one we used every time X went insane to calm him down, a feather attached to a string on a stick.

Once his attention was fully on the feather, Scourge took the toy in his hands, Sawyer sat him up straight and examined my bloody arm.

"Doesn't look like he popped a vein or artery." he turned my arm over multiple times examining it.

"You don't need to worry about me all the time, Saw. I can handle myself." he looked at me and I could see the worry in his eyes

"I've known you for almost 7000 years. I know the type of stuff you can get into." I chuckled at his remark

"And you've always been one to worry about others well being." Scourge pipped bobbing the stick up and down making X follow it with his head.

"Why does he look normal though?" I didn't know I spoke out loud until Scourge looked over at me