ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

MAYBE MY DAY WASN'T THAT bad after all because just before I got stuck with the awkward lunch with Elijah and Jenna, answering even more uncomfortable questions, my phone buzzed. I declined the call and said it was a text message.

"It's from Caroline. She wants to talk with me in her house over lunch, and she said it is urgent," I lied, easily.

"Oh, I hope everything is alright with her," said Jenna.

"Yeah. Hopefully," I said, fiddling with my phone. "Sorry, I need to cut the meeting short, Mr.Smith. I will see you around sometime," and before Elijah could say anything, Damon interrupted him.

"―I will drop you on the way," said Damon, to which I nodded my head gratefully.

"I will see you at home, Jenna," I said, kissing her cheek and started going along with Damon and Rose. I really hoped Elena kissed Jenna's cheek often; otherwise, I am gonna be in trouble.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

As the Olive skinned girl skipped out of the bar, Jenna smiled, touching her cheek where she has been kissed at.

"She seems happy today," murmured the woman to herself, which was clearly heard by the Vampire beside her.

"Isn't she always?" asked the Original Vampire nonchalantly.

"Well, she was the most beautiful and sweetest girl. She was full of life, but everything changed when my sister and brother-in-law died in the car crash. Then she came back to normal after she started dating Damon's brother Stefan," said Jenna with a sigh as she took a seat at the now empty table, and Elijah sat opposite to her.

She pursued her lips, continuing, "But she seems a little secretive sometimes, and in these past few weeks, she has been looking troubled and worried about something, and I don't even remember when was the last time we talked properly. But Elena seems in a good mood today. She made me a toast and offered to make it up to me by spending the day with me without asking any questions."

"Really?" Elijah asked with a curious tone as he heard the new information.

"Mhmm. And now I found out that the weakness of my niece is a puppy dog face, " said Jenna with a smirk on her face.

"Enough about me, tell me, Elijah, do you have a girlfriend?" asked Jenna.

"I am still in the process of pursuing a stubborn woman," said Elijah.

"You are handsome ―polite and an excellent conversationalist. Who would not like you?" said the college graduate surprised.

"My ex-girlfriend," said the Vampire in a flat tone, and the human kept quiet.