ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 27

"ONE OF THESE DAYS I am gonna murder you?"

"Well, that's not at all comforting," was Stefan Salvatore's reply.

"Yeah, you know, what's not comforting?" I said, with a hand on my hips which he couldn't, definitely, see, "Getting a call from Klaus Mikaelson."

"Ah!" Stefan gave a noise of recognition, "In my defense, I wanted to know why and how."

"Something that could've costed our lives," I retorted. "Why are you asking him questions you shouldn't?"

"I am just curious," Stefan said, "My days in Chicago are blurry. I thought I blanked out most of them in the blood haze."

"Yeah. Blood, booze, and blondes, I remember," I said, memorizing the scenes in the back of my head.

"See," Stefan released a sigh, content, that I understood what he is talking about, "I was already at my worst, and I just wanted to know how much worse I got in the company of a hybrid dick."

"Well, you could've asked me," I said, still upset he gave my phone number to Klaus, "I said I didn't know why he compelled, but I was pretty conscious for most of the part. Also, he didn't make you do anything. He actually hated your guts at first. I mean, you were dating his sister. But then he became a fan of your Ripper side and gory talents. You know, you should actually visit Gloria's Bar in Chicago. I am pretty sure there is still a photo of you there, somewhere."

"Gloria?"

"Gloria, the witch, who owns a bar," I answered, "And yes, the bar and witch are both still intact and kicking."

"Wait, what talents?" Stefan asked, fully confused.

"You really don't want to know the talents that were fascinating to the thousand-year-old original vampire, Stefan," I told the younger Salvatore.

"I am sorry. Did Klaus give you a hard time?" Stefan asked in a concerned tone.

"Nothing, I couldn't handle," I muttered, "Just stop asking questions that might get us killed, alright?"

"But..."

"And warn me before you decide it's a rational thing to give my number to my 500-year old enemy," I said, not giving him a chance to talk.

★ ➷ 。• ☆

Hayley Marshall, or should she say, Andrea Labonair was over the moon. The werewolf was skeptical when an unknown vampire called her two months ago, saying she had information about her parents. Hayley, though, wasn't involved with many supernaturals other than the pack in the Appalachian mountains. Sure, the girl heard of witches and vampires during pack meetings, but she never knew them personally. So Hayley was more than suspicious when she heard the offer from a vampire chick she never met. The werewolf first thought it was a cruel joke. A prank call at the most. But, when the said vampire talked about the birthmark on her shoulder, the werewolf prayed that it wasn't a prank.