Everyone Leaves (Part 1)

Disclaimer: Not mine but after I post part 2 I will start making my own. Superhalsteads on Tumblr

It was no secret that if anyone in the camp disappears it wasn’t by accident. They were murdered by, what you and Marcus dubbed him as, the camp asshole. Everyone knew that he was the self proclaimed leader of your little camp, if you can even call it that, and that whenever you went out scavenging for food or whatever he’d take it off you. You also knew that he didn’t like Marcus so you wouldn’t put it past him to do something to him.

This was why you were stood in the shadows, watching the camp asshole stumble about drunkenly and waiting for the right moment, a knife sitting comfortably in your grip. It wasn’t just any knife though, it was one that had intricate detailing on the handle, one that you and Marcus had found together. You had fallen in love with it when your eyes first landed on it, not understanding why someone would throw out such a beautiful piece. You put it back though not wanting it to end up in the wrong hands. What you didn’t know was that Marcus took it and hid it, giving it to you later on that night when the two of you were alone.

You looked at the knife in your hand again. You knew it was a bad idea and knew that Marcus would hate it but he wasn’t here. The only person you had in your life wasn’t here. You were all alone because of the camp asshole and he wasn’t going to get away with it. Not again.

As you were about to execute your plan you heard a noise to the side of you, like someone was there, making you stop walking any further. Stepping closer to that direction you see that there was two guys there, one of which held a gun aiming it at your target and the other was Marcus. A frown etched onto your face, confused as to why Marcus was here and with a random guy who was wearing nice clothes. You didn’t have a chance to go up to them as a shout interrupted, gaining both yours and Marcus's attention.

He was stalking your way, having seen the glint of your knife he was going towards you more making Marcus finally notice you, giving you a look of confusion. No one could say anything as you all started running to try and get away from the man that was currently chasing you. You had split up from Marcus and his friend but heard them in trouble so you went back for them.

When you got there he was towering over Marcus's friend, Marcus was no where to be seen. Without hesitation you swung the knife into his neck. He turned around slowly, bringing his hand to his neck and then removing it, seeing the blood. Everyone, including you, was shocked by what you just did. He was about to lunge at you when Marcus yanked the knife out of his neck making him collapse onto the ground.

A blanket of silence covered the three of you. You all looked at the body bleeding out before you before looking at each other. "Are you okay?" Marcus asked, talking a step towards you. He was about to cup your cheek when you moved out of his reach. "Y/N?"

"I- I thought you were dead. I thought he- I thought he killed you." You rambled on. "You disappeared without saying anything and I thought he killed you."

"Look, I’m so sorry, Y/N. I-" Marcus started before getting interrupted by you.

"Where were you?" You asked him and he was about to answer but was stopped by Willie, silently shaking his head to tell him no. You saw him do that which made the worry you had turn into you being pissed off.

"I- I can’t tell you that." Marcus said, his voice barely above a whisper. You hastily wiped away the stray tear that fell. He made a move to grab your hand which made you take another step away from him.

"Of course you can’t." You scoffed. "You know what? You enjoy it with your new best friend here and this fancy place, wherever it is. Forget about me because everyone else does, everyone else leaves." You and Marcus just looked at each other in silence. There was so much both you wanted to say to each other but nothing was being said so you decided to go, not before adding something else, a goodbye if you will. "Have a nice life Marcus." You mumbled and started walking away.

"Y/N, wait!" Marcus called after you, about to chase after you only to get stopped by Willie.

"Just let your girlfriend go." He told him.

"She’s not my girlfriend." Marcus replied.

"Whatever, man, I don’t care. Let’s just clean this up and go back to the school." Willie said, starting to clean up the mess that was made and leaving Marcus to stare at the spot you were just at, cursing to himself at everything that just happened.