Everyone Leaves (Part 2 )

Disclaimer: Not mine. Next one will be mine. Superhalsteads on Tumblr.

Every place Marcus went, you weren’t there. There was one more place you could potentially be. If you weren’t there, well Marcus had no clue where you were. Since that unfortunate night, he has been trying to find you to apologise but also because he was worried about you. Doing this though meant Marcus had to be extra cautious about sneaking out. Willie was the only person who knew about you and Marcus wanted to keep it that way. He wanted to keep you away from his new life. What he didn’t know was that in doing so it was pushing you further away from him.

You were sat on a bench, overlooking the city skyline. Out of all the places you and Marcus hang out this is by far your favourite, he should’ve known he’d find you here. He jumped over the bench and sat next to you, pulling out a cigarette. "You got a light?" He asked you. You rolled your eyes, shuffling slightly away from him, annoyed that was the first thing he said to you.

"What are you doing here?" You sighed. Since finding out that Marcus was in fact alive and had left you, you hated him, well tried to anyway. It was draining though. You wanted so badly to hate him as it would be easier, as you wouldn’t get hurt.

"I wanted to see how you were, after..." Marcus trailed off, not wanting to actually say the word.

"After I murdered him you mean." You finished off for him. "I’m doing peachy."

"What are you actually doing here, Marcus." You interrupted, finally turning to look at him. In doing so you notice a few cuts on his face and a slight bruise, he looked like crap apart from the nice clothes he was wearing.

"I told you, I wanted to see how you were."

"Don’t lie to me, Marcus. I don’t want your bullshit." You said, your voice rising. "You’re hear to see if I will keep my mouth shut. Did your new bestie send you?"

"Of course not! I’m here because I care about you and wanted to see you, to talk to you." You barked out a laugh but it wasn’t one filled with joy. Marcus misses that laugh. It was always a rare occurrence when you laughed but when you did it brought a smile to Marcus’s face, a warm feeling spreading across his chest.

"If you cared you wouldn’t have left without telling me where the hell you're going." You said, your voice breaking. "I don’t understand why you can’t tell me. I won’t tell anyone, I have no one to tell. Are you in a cult or something? Just tell me something, Marcus."

He didn’t know what to tell you. He questioned himself about being in a cult and he still didn’t know. As for telling you the truth about his whereabouts, he wanted nothing more than to be honest with you. Marcus knew you wouldn’t say anything if he asked you to. It was then he was afraid of, afraid of what they would do to you if they found out you knew.

"I can’t." Marcus mumbled and you nodded, not surprised by his answer. Since he left he has changed, became a different person. It was like you were watching him get on a train, a new path in life, and watching from the sidelines as it went without you.

"Then you should probably go and never come back. At least not until you’re ready to be honest with me." You said, full of sadness. Marcus opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, deciding against it. He got up from the bench and started to leave, giving you one last look of longing.

-

That day played on repeat in Marcus's head. It admittedly distracted him and some people began to notice. He played it off as nothing, unconvincingly though. It didn’t help that he thought he heard laughter that sound eerily like yours or that he saw glimpses of you through crowds of people.

Walking down the hallway, pushing his way through the crowd of students, Marcus saw the familiar Y/H/C hair again. This time though it was clear to him that he wasn’t imaging it. You spun around and sure enough you were there in the flesh, standing in the hallway of King's Dominion.