Detention

Warnings this has Smut. You have been warned

The comic shop. The only place outside of school I could be myself but now he’s working here. He will know my secret. Fuck. I should go, find another one there must be plenty of shops in San Francisco. But I love this one because they sell some great records. Shit. He’s looking out the window and sees me. I turn my back hoping he didn’t see me. I look over my should then duck down away from the window. Smooth move moron. Should have stayed at King’s tonight, skip the comic shop and studied for my Atypical Combat Class tomorrow. The door opens dinging the little bell signalling I’ve been spotted. Shit.

“Um, (Y/N). Are you ok?” Marcus Lopez Arguello asks. I look up at him my face red with embarrassment. We haven’t seen each other since detention a month ago. He’s kept to himself and I’ve kept myself like normal. Standing up I bite my lip nervously. Just act casual.

“Hey Marcus...um yeah...I’m fine,” I say acting super casual, putting my hand on the table holding boxes of cheap comics. Not realising the table is unstable the leg bends in dropping the table and falling spilling the boxes of comics on the ground and me stumbling back. I grab the first thing I can reach it being Marcus and pulling us both down to the ground. Marcus lands on top of me and I feel my blush creep up more.

“This brings me back.” he jokes trying to laugh and I close my eyes feeling mortified remembering the last time we were in this position. Not a bad memory, it’s a really good one until he never speaks to me again after.

One Month Earlier

The room is this awkward silence. Nobody really wants to talk but we also don’t want to sit in this awkwardness. Looking around at another table I see Marcus, Saya, Petra and Billy. I got caught sneaking in after curfew meaning detention. What the others did I have no idea, especially Saya. She’s the most goody person here, never getting in trouble. Sitting back with my feet on the chair next to me I quietly doodle in my notebook. Another hour goes by then talking starts, only with that group. I’m always invisible and I like it that way, means I don’t have a target on my back for somebody shoot me.

Deciding to ditch out of this I move my seat making a sound which straddles everyone to look at me. “Hey (Y/N)!” Billy says cheerfully. “I didn’t see you sitting there, you’ve been really quiet.” He says and turns to face me fully. I shrug.

“Like to keep to myself,” I reply. I tend to be placed in the same category of Petra. Goth. Only because I have dark hair, tend to do dark makeup and clothing but people don’t mess with me so it works.

“What did you do get yourself locked up in here,” Petra asks coming and sitting on the desk beside mine.

“I went to this concert and ended up being caught after curfew.” I lie. I was at this Star Wars movie marathon at the Cinema but telling that would lead to them seeing in a big nerd instead of this badass girl that I want them to see. Marcus nods but his face tells me he doesn’t believe my lie.

“Cool! We got caught with weed, so master Lin threw us in here.” Billy says sitting on the desk next to Petra. They make a cute couple of only she’d admit it but Petra will never fully admit she likes Billy and Billy has been determined to act like Petra to get her to like him. Saya and Marcus are the last two to join us at the back by me. I catch Marcus eyeing me like he’s seen me before or like he’s trying to figure something out. Pushing my chair back I stand up and go over to the food box, opening it to be empty.

“Who ate all the food?” I ask looking at them. The other gives me a weird look then come over looking inside the empty box, aside from a note.

“The fuck?” Marcus asks taking out the note then crumpling it annoyed. “It’s another pop quiz. One of Lin’s,” he says looking at us.