Silsila: #1-Miss Perfectionist

Mishti Khanna is a perfectionist; she plans everything well in advance and in the best of ways possible. Her definition of love is quite simple-stability, understanding, comfort, trust and off course commitment add up to a lovable life, infact she considers commitment as the synonym of love. The reason too is quite a simple one-her biological father was someone who broke the commitment, the promises he made to her mother in the worst possible ways and love left their relationship the very moment while her Popsie and Mumma's love story started with this very thing-commitment. The vows of marriage which Mauli had initially decided to take with Ishaan for her sake but the very same commitment kept her intact with Ishaan and finally made her realize her true love for Mishti's Popsie and so Mishti got her definition of love, her synonym of love-commitment.

Being true to her name, she is a sweetheart- a responsible and loving elder sister to her younger siblings, an obedient granddaughter to her Dadi and now is trying to be a lovable daughter-in-law to her mother-in-law, might be in search of a relationship that her mother shared with her first mother-in-law :Mishti's grandmother but in all this does she hide her real side? Miss perfectionist fears if in her childishness, she'll end up becoming like her biological father? A betrayer? And so she blocks away any thoughts or feels of spark, chemistry, love etc. from herself. At the same time, she fears that what if in pursuit of not becoming like her biological father she ends up becoming like her mother at the time her biological father left her? A victim? And so she tries to remove even the thought of herself being 'boring' which might just enter someone's mind- something which might just have crept in her mind as being the reason for her biological father' s extramarital affair, while growing up. But in all this, the real Mishti who is beyond the perfectionist, who is beyond being someone who does something on someone's provocation, who has her own thoughts, who has her own choices , is lost. In her pursuit of not becoming Mauli, not becoming Kunal and off course getting her Ishaan , she has forgotten herself, will the meeting with a daring, carefree stranger bring the real Mishti out? Only time will tell.

**

Author's Note: Hello, I am Piyali...A huge fan of Tejasswi Prakash Wayankar and Kunal Jaisingh from their previous shows, infact seeing them together was really a dream of mine and this show is like a dream come true for me, fingers crossed for them to be the end game( I am anyday biased for this). Here, I am trying to write on their character sketches-something I have done previously for Ragini, Omkara and Gauri though seeing the end product I realized I have lost my contact with writing and in specific writing analysis on characters. Leave that, basically what I am going to do in this book is try to write about Ruhaan and Mishti's characters as I perceive them whenever I feel like something new is introduced with regards to the characters, hope I am able to understand them and also I am writing it as per how I perceive the characters so I can be wrong and would love to be corrected and given new dimensions about characters.(I haven't watched season 1 but followed its updates because of liking Mauli so do know something about it, not completely though so would love to be corrected about that too.) Also I don't know their decided couple name yet, using the one I found most used here.