Chapter 29

Though the sun shines like a reflection of light getting caught in your eye, it feels like it's not enough to brighten this dark day. The wide hallways feel smaller than usual as I stumble on my feet while being roughly pushed by the two guards assigned to watch me. The queen left shortly after our revealing conversation, leaving me with the guard that chased me last night and another who appears to be silent but cold.

They force me into a room that's located on the far end of the castle, violently throwing me inside.

"Stay put, you little brat." The man from last night spits, slamming the door in an attempt to startle me.

Yeah, nice try.

I get up from the ground and start to pace around the little space. The walls are a bright white with the only furnishings being the gold colored bed with purple velvet sheets and a violet and white velvet chair. I place myself on top of the bed with my head in my clammy hands, contemplating my plan to get to Fredrick.

I'm stranded in the minuscule room for about an hour more until I hear the doorknob start to jiggle, indicating that it's time for my departure. I rush under the golden frame and await their entrance, peering through the skirt of the bed. The quiet one walks in and notices that I'm nowhere to be seen, a shade of white coming over his face.

"George, she's not here!"

George quickly runs in with his sword in hand, desperately searching the room.

"The window's open!" He yells as he enters the attached bathroom.

If it wasn't too small for me to go through, I would've jumped in a heart beat.

Both of them pile inside the small space, enabling me to get out from under the bed to slam the door shut. Despite their protests, I lock the door with the key, and bolt out of the room. They forgot that the keys to all the rooms are always kept on top of the door frame for the maids to use, which thankfully worked great in my favor.

I run through the unusually empty hallways, hearing every quick step I take. I start to slow down when I catch a loud trumpet blasting its way through the windows, eventually reaching my eardrums. I spin around the hallways, trying to find where the blaring sound is coming from. I rush to the front window to find that the bricked driveway is also completely empty, which can only mean one thing... The wedding has started!

I rush into Madia's room with my bronze key, grabbing a white hat of hers that she never seems to wear. Not only will it hide my face, but it will also appear as if I somewhat belong. As I walk out, I see a little note on top of her dresser. It reads "Til death do us part." Next to it is a small yellow box. My fingers graze the top, making it tip over, as well as the bullets inside, indicating one thing. The moment Lady Adora utters those words, Fredrick will be...

I profusely shake my head, ridding myself of the outcome of this terrible situation. I bolt to the outdoor event area where the wedding is being held, sneaking past all the guards and guests. I look around to find that Adora is already standing at the alter with her obnoxiously long wedding dress filling the aisle. She has a fake smile plastered upon her cake face of make up and all things evil. Fredrick looks dashing with his black and white suit, soon to be a different color if I don't do something fast. He looks miserable, with his expression emotionless.

The unsuspecting guests sit eagerly on the elegant white chairs, awaiting the crowning and marriage of their new king and queen. Some wiping happy tears, soon to be tears of horror. I push through the outskirts of the crowd, who are the town's people also awaiting the coronation. I then see Adora's hand snake its' way to his, holding them ever so elegantly as she says her 'wedding vows'.

No, this can't happen! I won't let it!

Through the crowd, I look up to find the assassin prepping his gun for the big blow. I peer past the people to see the furious looking guards that I locked in the bathroom searching everywhere for me.

I'm so close to the altar, I can taste it as I'm finally nearing the front aisle. But my efforts are no match for the all knowing queen as she pulls me aside, covering my mouth with her hands.

"It's too late, Lily. He'll be gone by the time you get there," She sickly whispers in my ear, making the tears of destruction and pain seep through my eyes.

Adora peers up at the assassin, then back at the miserable man in front of her and states her words of finality.

"Til death do us-"

"Wait!"

Author's Note:

Yello Lovelies! I hope you guys enjoyed chapter, cause I sure had a lot of fun writing it! 

As always, remember that you are lovely, and to let it shine forever!

~Love