treinta y nueve

"Wow, I go to work and this is what you guys do without me?" Sebastian asked, flicking Arcelia's hair as she sat down beside him at the lunch table

Arcelia smiled and touched her hair. "Isn't it pretty? Monse helped me." Arcelia turned to her backpack and started pulling out snacks from the night before. "I saved you your favorites."

"Celia, you're gonna get dress coded." Ruby's voice said, before Arcelia felt a jacket over her shoulders.

Arcelia looked down at the jacket, then turned around to Ruby. "Did you steal this from my closet?"

"No, you left it my room." He responded quickly. "I have like half of your closet in my house."

Sebastian hummed and nodded. "True. I found your jeans in my laundry basket."

"How do you know they're mine?"

"Because Monse doesn't wear ripped mom jeans."

"True." Monse commented, walking up with Cesar and Jamal, then sitting across from Arcelia. "I dont know what you put on my face last night, but it's softer than a baby."

Jamal nodded and pointed at Arcelia from beside Sebastian. "Oh yeah, and my pimple went away."

"You're welcome." Arcelia smiled, flicking her hair over her shoulder, purposely drawing attention to it.

Cesar was the only person that hasn't seen it, so his eyebrows rose. "Oscar let you do that?"

Arcelia shook her head. "He didn't know until after I did it." She told him. "Did you hear we're getting babies today?"

Everyone scrunched up their faces and just stared at Arcelia. "Uh, no we aren't."

"Not you, in my Childcare class. Look, I made a shirt."

× × ×

"Arcelia, shut your baby up!"

Arcelia gasped and turned her 'child' away from Oscar. "'ta bien, Mateo. He's just mad because you have more hair than him." She said to the doll. Oscar smacked his lips and turned up the TV. "Did you just shit on me?"

"It's a doll, it won't shit."

Arcelia glared at Oscar and stood up to go to her room. "It's like a real baby. I have to change his diaper."

Oscar watched her pull out a baby bag from under the table and furrowed his eyebrows when she actually changed the diaper. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing for your quince?"

"I've been practicing for like 12 years. I think I'm good." Arcelia told him. "Oh, can we do the dance dad taught me?" Arcelia begged.

Oscar raised one of his eyebrows and looked at Arcelia who was now holding the baby against her. "For what?"

"The father-daughter dance." Arcelia put the baby on her lap as she sat beside Oscar, not thinking to much of what she said. "I remember most of it, but I found a video of us doing it so we can finish the rest of it." Arcelia smiled.

"Isn't that dance supposed to be for dads?"

Arcelia hummed and twisted her face up. "Our dad died."

"Or he's in prison."

"He hasn't sent us anything since I was 10, I think he's gone and they just won't tell us." Arcelia sighed with a frown. "So can we do it?"

Oscar nodded his head and Arcelia's frown became a smile as she clapped the doll's hands. "Okay, that thing's creepy. Don't you have a partner to take it?"

"No, I was in the bathroom when everyone picked a partner." Oscar scrunched his face up and Arcelia sighed as she was caught in her lie. "I went to the vending machine because everyone in that class is annoying. But I had the bathroom pass."

× × ×

Like last time, Ruby was in charge of the quince, but there wasn't much. A few of the Santos were DJs at all the parties, so they had the music, and some other Santos were having their moms cook for catering. All Ruby had to do was get the invitations out, that Arcelia had already designed, and plan out who was sitting where at the venue Oscar already reserved.

"Ruby, my feet hurt." Arcelia groaned, falling back on the couch and landing on top of Monse.

"Because you guys are practicing. We're almost done with your dance and you said you're doing the father-daughter dance with Oscar?" Arcelia nodded and opened her mouth for Monse to pour water into. "Now we just need the dances for the damas y chambelanes and the outfits."

"We already got those." Jasmine commented. "They're so cute, they have seq-"

Arcelia covered Jasmine's mouth and shushed her. "They're a surprise."

"Speaking of surprises," Sebastian said loudly, "how's Cesar getting in if the Santos want to kill him?"

Arcelia hummed and pointed over to him. "I told Oscar he can't kick anyone out unless I say he can. So as long as Cesar stays close, no one can kill him."  She explained to her friends.

Ruby hummed, then clapped his hands to wake everyone up.  "Let's get back to work!"

"Can we eat?  I'm starving."  Arcelia groaned and seconds later, her stomach grumbled.  "That was an accident."

Ruby wanted to say no, but there was actually time to practice for the quince and he didn't want Arcelia upset.  "I guess, but only an hour." 

"Can we order pizza and hot wings?"  Arcelia begged, hopping off of Monse and looking up at her boyfriend. Ruby sighed, but nodded his head as he took his phone out.

Since he was the only one standing, Ruby sat on the loveseat as the phone rang for the family owned pizza parlor that Arcelia loved. Arcelia, feeling clingy, walked over to Ruby and sat beside him, but threw a leg over his knee.

"If you guys could stop making me feel more single than I already am, that would be great."  Jamal commented, giving the couple a thumbs up from the other couch.  "Wait, how's Cesar gonna learn this choreography?"

Arcelia shrugged and twirled the ends of her hair.  "We'll find a way to teach him."

"Celia, I think your baby just shit."

Arcelia pouted and went to grab her "baby" from Sebastian's arms.  "Leave Teo alone." 

Lowkey forgot this is a fanfiction that follows the script, so I'll be having episode chapters next 🥰