cuarenta y siete

"Should I do my hair like this," Arcelia swiped, "or this?" She looked up at Sebastian and Oscar who both looked over her shoulder at the pictures she had saved on her phone.

"This one. You won't have to worry about anything falling while you're dancing." Sebastian stated.

Oscar nodded his head, silently agreeing with the guy on the otherside of his little sister. "Plus it'll take less effort than that other one."

Arcelia looked at the 2 pictures on her phone then hummed to herself. "You guys are right." She then put her phone away and pulled the fuzzy white blanket up to her shoulders. "I'm so excited." She smiled, looking to Oscar before shaking his arm out of excitement.

"Aye, hold that excitement in. I'm watching TV."

Arcelia sighed and looked around the living room. "We're all watching TV." She stated, using her hands to gesture to all the cholos spread out across the room.

"Can I get more soda?"

"Yeah, go ahead, foo'."

Arcelia grabbed Sebastian's hand when he stood up and asked, "Oh, can you bring more snacks? Please." She dragged out.

Sebastian nodded and as he tried to get out of the living room, Arcelia watched him cautiously step over the bald Santos on the floor.

"Did he see your dress?"

"Oscar, I told you. No one except for Marisol has seen my dress and that's because she made it."

Oscar squinted as he hummed. In all honesty, he made Arcelia promise that he would be the first one to see her in her quince dress, but given that he's the one driving her and lives with her, it was already guaranteed.

× × ×

"But I want the strawberry filling." Arcelia pouted.

Oscar groaned and ran a hand down his face. "You're getting strawberry, but you need to still pick a cake flavor."

"Can you pick it? You're the chef."

"No, 'cause I don't know what you want." Oscar explained. "All you have to do is taste like 4 different cakes with strawberry filling."

Arcelia looked up from hanging upside down on the couch to Oscar who was leaning against the door frame of the dining room. "Oh, well why didn't you just say that."

Oscar let out a sigh of relief when Arcelia stood and went to her room to get ready, then looked to Sebastian who's been over for about an hour. "Your girlfriend is annoying."

"No, she's just lazy sometimes."

× × ×

Arcelia skipped through the hallway and jumped on Jamal's back when she was close enough. "Are you ready? Are you ready? I'm ready. Where's Cesar?"

Jamal went stiff and his eyes went wide. Arcelia wasn't around much anymore because of her relationship with Monse and Ruby, so she knew nothing about how Cesar went to live with Ruby. Or how he lived with Chivo. Or how Chivo's car was found in Prophet territory with Cesar no where to be found.

"I don't know. What makes you think I know where Cesar is? I know nothing!" Jamal exclaimed, looking at Arcelia once before he sprinted down the hallway, running into about 6 people as he did so.

"What was that about?"

Arcelia turned to Monse who walked up with Ruby not far behind. "Oh, you're back. Great."

Arcelia was about to turn and walk away when Monse grabbed her wrist and prevented her from going any further. "Can I at least say sorry? I feel bad for leaving and not telling you about it."

"Aw, was that before or after Jamal told you?" Arcelia asked with a head tilt. "I have things to do."

"No you don't. It's break." Arcelia mustered up her best bitch face and stared at Monse like she was waiting for her to apologize.

"Oh, I see Seba. Got to go." Arcelia then took off running down the hallway, much like Jamal did.

Monse and Ruby watched her jump on Seba, and Monse glanced over to Ruby when they both started smiling and laughing. "We should go check on Jamal."

"I miss her, you know?"

"I do too."

tbh i got no clue how ima get ruby and arcelia together or if i want to but kinda feel like i have to 🥴