Chapter two

"You stupid fool, did you really think you could forget about me? I must laugh" a voice said in the utter darkness. "What, I don't understand why are you he-e-e-e-er?" I let out. "Don't stutter Em" he walked closer to me. "It makes you look weak" he said right before he took both of his hands around my throat.

"Mccall!" Miss argent said. Oh god I daydreamt again. I looked around I was in history class. What a good first impression your making. The teacher is probably going to hate you now and look over there. Those guys are laughing at you. Dumbass.

I looked up at a old yet beautiful face. "I'm sorry miss Argent it won't happen again" I said. "Am I really that boring, to you kids these days?" She said in a hurt tone. "I-" I was at a lost for words. "I'm just kidding take it easy won't ya! Aren't you a freshman? This is a history honors class you must be smart then huh kid? What are you like 14 years old?" She asked. "Yes I'm a freshman and I just turned 14 a few days ago" I said politely. "It nice to hear that there is still faith in the younger generations, you just come to me if any of these kids teases you." She said with her hand on my shoulder. It felt comforting. "Thank you" I say with a smile on my face. "Your welcome sweetheart, now back to work" miss Argent said. A weave of "Ugh's" filled up the room.

*break

Okay I need to find someone I can sit with. Maybe Jack. Oh right you don't know who Jack is. Well he is a senior in high school but I know him because his parents and my parents were best friends in high school. My brothers don't like him, but I do so he is one of my few friends.

I wonder which class he is in. Should I just wait by a table? I really don't know what to do. Oh my god people are looking at me. I need to calm down. Calm yourself Emily. It's all right take a few breaths. But I can't oh my god. I started shaking my hands were so sweaty and I felt dizzy. Tears kept escaping my eyes. I need to go to the bathroom right now. I ran and ran until I finally made it inside the bathroom. I didn't really think at all so I bumped into a girl. "I'm so sorry" I said. "Hey okay calm down" She said in a comforting tone. "I'm so sorry" I said as I glided down the wall, with my knees up to my face. "Hey look at me. Focus on my eyes. Try and hold your breath for 10 seconds and let out for 15 seconds. Okay?" She said. "Okay" I did as she said and after a while I calmed a bit down. "I'm so sorry to hold you up thank you for helping me" I said. "Hey it's okay don't say sorry for this. You couldn't control it. It was a panic attack silly. You aren't in control of your emotions." She said with a kinda sad expression on her face. "Hey are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah totally sorry I just blacked out for a second there. Hey your a freshman right?" She asked. "Yeah" I said. "Me too! Do you wanna be friends? I don't really know anyone from here I'm new. " She asked. "Yeah I would love that but you need to know I'm kinda lonely people don't like me." I warned her. "I can't imagine why people wouldn't like you" She said. "Well I warned you but If you still want to be friends I would love that" I said with a smile on my face. "Me too" She said. "What's your name?" I asked. "Kate" She answered. "You?" She asked. "Emily" I said.

The rest of the day was normal I guess, I was happy to have made a new friend. I said goodbye to Kate and went ahead out of school. I was going to the skatepark with Jack. Oh wait he is on the football team. They probably have practice right now. Darn it my brothers are going to be there to. I sighed getting myself ready for the humiliation. As I was on my way over to the field I saw Jack on the way too in front of me. I ran up to him. "Hi" I said. "Hey munchkin" he said back. "Hey so uhm can you skip practice just this once so we can go to the skatepark?" I asked already knowing the answer. "You know I can't do that I'm already lucky to be playing again this year" he said. "But what about me?" I said in a baby tone. "You such a baby I swear just sit on the bench and do homework until I'm done, it won't be long I promise" he said as we reached the field. "But-" I said. "No buts I need to change see ya!" He said as he hugged me. This boy sigh I thought to myself. Well I guess I could start doing homework. I really hope my brothers won't see me.