Chap19(just what am I to do ? )

"What happened to your neck?! "

"nothing much "

"what do you mean nothing much ?! it's bruised Amanda!!!"

"mommy? "

"it's nothing Louis don't worry " I turned to Aiden hissing at him "not in front of him "

"Sorry but y-" he whispered back

"let's just go, or you'll be late, the site is a bit far from here "

"sure you can drive? "

"for the hundredth time , I am fine , and don't you dare tell Joshua or pa and ma about this , or I will hunt you down... now get out! "

"fine , bye Louis "

"bye uncle , good luck "

I turned to Louis before leaving the house "wait for your dad, he will be here in a second, okay?" 

"Okay, mommy " he kept looking at my neck which made me conscious of it, he shouldn't see my neck this way, that might traumatize him

"I'm fine, I just massaged my neck a bit roughly that's why it turned a little red "

"it's purple " ...shizz

"oh, I might have been too rough " I smiled at him, then kissed the top of his head "I'll be going now, but I'll be back after dropping uncle , so I won't be late"

"don't worry, I promised papa to be a good boy and not to make you worry"

Didn't need to know that

"here we go, good luck dumbo "

"I'm not your dumbo...Joshua is  "

"oh yeah, sorry, good luck, Lil dumbo "

"I hate you "

"love you too "

"we will talk about your neck, you might have dodged the conversation on the ride but you won't be able to do that back home "

"try me "

He closed the door behind him and left after sending me a small smile shaking his head along

I called Joshua as I was driving back

"sis"

"Hey, you good ? "

" Yeah what's up ? you good ?"

"Yeah, just wanted to ask you to pick up Aiden later , I want to go out with Louis, I didn't spend much time with him" 

"no problem, have fun "

"thanks"

"call me if anything "

"sure thing "

 I was about five minutes away from home when peter called to notify me about the admission of my patient in his clinic and inquire more about his state which was a conversation that took more than just five minutes as I was able to park and get in the house all the while still talking on the phone, I took off my shoes and looked around for any sign of Louis but there was no sign of him, not in the living room, kitchen, washroom..where is he?!!