11. To find light, you must know the dark✔

Sampurnaa's pov:

I woke up in the morning today fresh and ready to begin my day. I showered quickly and dressed up in my regular formals leaving the blazer though.
I had a meeting with the team today. The boys and I were supposed to go to the red light area today in disguise to delve deeper into the working of underworld organizations that stalked, kidnapped, and forced women.

I was to be disguised as a sex worker while the others were going to act as human traffickers who had come for trade. We were going to enter as many places as we could in disguise. Security was obviously going to be provided for all of us.

I had asked Mr. Chakraborty to meet me the next day so I could give him an insight into the happenings in the red light area. He had agreed and had also asked me to get him the CCTV footage of Sridha's college and a shop or ATM within a 2km radius of where Sridha had been captive.

This was a risky string operation and none of the other girls were willing to take part in it. They had agreed to monitor our moves for security reasons but had blatantly refused to risk themselves for the sake of evidence. I had obviously not informed my parents or brother about me going back to the forbidden area. I knew I would never be able to convince them in a million years so it was not even worth the try.

I did not know what was in store for me or my team... But we had to do this!
For the sake of exposing criminals and criminal activities in and around India.
After all, you must know and face the darkness to find the light.

...

I reached the office by 9 am. Senior, Peter, Abhijit, and Vinay were already present there. I went and greeted them.

Sir asked me, "Sampurnaa, I hope you know what you are about to do. You still have time to think! Think about it before you take a haphazard decision. You have a family too! Consult them before doing this! You know the risks involved. Even though police protection will be provided, you have to enter some places totally alone without anyone following you... "

I cut him off as politely as I could,
"Sir, my decision has already been taken. As per informing my family is concerned, you know better what any sane parent's advice would be. My decision has been taken. I am going to go for it. And I am not returning empty-handed with my team!"

My teammates and Seniors looked apprehensive, but they had known me long enough to know that I was not backing off anytime soon.

We were supposed to leave at 12 noon so we could check what happens in broad daylight and during the quiet hours in the afternoon.

Just before leaving, I decided to call Baba,

Me: "Baba?"

Baba: "Yes child?"

Me: "Do you trust me?"

Baba: "Why do you ask me this at such an odd time out of the blue? Of course, I trust my princess!"

Me: "Then shono(listen), whatever I do shall always be with good intentions and never bad. Amay trust Koro (trust me always)!"

Baba: "Why are you speaking like this?"

Me: "Just remember this! I shall meet you later tonight... I love you Baba and I always will."

I know I revealed nothing yet I felt better after this telephonic conversation.
......

At precisely 1, we reached our destination. Abhijit and Peter were going to go around together posing as human traffickers who were interested in sex workers and prostitutes.

I had been dressed up in something I had never dreamt of wearing. I had to wear a Saree which had been pleated very thinly across my chest, a v-neck blouse, and flowers in my hair. Almost dressed like the rest of the women here.