🍂 oh no. (1)

It was a really huge mess. Everybody was screaming and running with all of their might. They barely could properly wear their coats and hold their flashlights.

While running, Valenda thought of what the heck was all that. She was still refusing to believe that all of that mess earlier was caused by a ghost.

Her mind was running as well as her feet, thinking of any possible reasonable reason behind all that situations.

"Oh, it was probably just wind. Or the leaves of the trees. And our flashlights probably was just broken," she thought in her head.

It made her a bit relieved that there was still a reasonable explanation behind all that strange situations she had just been through. She was just about to tell others to calm down when she realized... that somehow, the sound of the foot steps are not as loud as the beginning?

She looked to her right, Neil and Cameron. She looked behind her, Meeks and Pitts.

Damn, where were the others?!

She stopped running and grabbed Neil's shoulder to stop him too. Cameron, Pitts and Meeks eventually stopped too.

"Whats wrong, Val? Oh wait, WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY ELSE?!"

...

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Bethany reached the door into the school and decided to look back.

When she looked back, there was Knox. But no one else. Her heart sanked deep.

Knox also stopped running, panting hard while holding his knee.

"Hey, Knox..." called Bethany, with a whisper. Knox looked up to her, still trying to catch his breath.

Bethany's eyes wandered, trying to find any sign of her friends. To no result.

"Where... where is everybody else...?"

Knox stood up to his back almost immediately after hearing her statement. He turned his back, also looking around.

He looked at her again, face all pale and eyes filled with horror and fear.

"You... you want to get back there and search for them?"

Bethany shivered just with the thought.

The woods was nothing huge. And all of them should probably be familiar with it since it surrounded their school. But still, in the pitch black midnight like this, everybody could get lost.

Bethany really worried about her friends. But she couldnt wipe off the whispering sound in the cave earlier of her head.

"I honestly don't know... Probably we should...?"

Knox gulped and looked back once again, through his shoulder.

"I mean, I also think its better if we wait for them here... If we got lost as well, we would just make things worse."

Bethany felt a hint of relieve hearing Knox said that. She nodded in agreement.

"You are right. But we should wait for them, though... Should we wait here?"

"No, we could get caught anytime. Lets go to... the chapel?"

And then they went to the chapel to wait for their friends, shivering.

They sat in silence next to each other, tightening their coats because of the low temperature. Keeping an eye in case Hager decided to wander around.

Their mind wasn't on track at all. They thought about their friends but also about themselves. This was the situation when nothing felt right. And they didn't speak a word. Though, it was comfortable.

Bethany began to hug her feet and started praying for his friends. Knox looked at her and chuckled. Bethany decided to ignore him, but he thought it would be good if he just broke the silence, so he spoke.

"You see, you looked just like a ball."

Bethany coffed and rolled her eyes.

"Geez, I know."

Knox chuckled again before started leaning his back to the chapel chair. He closed his eyes and started praying for his friends, too.

Bethany followed his actions, leaning back and closing eyes. They were both praying for their friends.

Bethany opened her eyes when she felt a weight on her head. She looked to her side just to found Knox leaning to her, sleeping. She wanted to protest, but, seeing his peaceful face... she resisted.

So she just let him be, and continued praying.