🍂 oh no. (2)

Kathleen's heart was pounding as she realized someone was following her.

She knew for a fact that she was separated from her group of friends. She didn't worry over it too much, though, as she knew she would eventually manage to got out from this woods since its not so big of a forest. 

But the footsteps behind her, it got her worried. It might be her friend, right. But she was too afraid to turn back and check. So instead, she just kept running.

If it was her friend, they somehow would try to talk to Kathleen, right?

And she was right.

"Kathleen! Stop-"

Aha! Kathleen knew this voice!

She immediately stopped running and turned her body to a familiar figure, panting hard.

Kathleen, panting as well, walked towards him, arms folded.

"Todd! Why are you following me?!"

The blonde lad looked up to her still trying to catch his breath.

"I'm not following you! I'm running with you!"

"Didn't you notice I was lost?!"

"I noticed! Well, just recently. That was why I called you out!"

Kathleen sighed and shrugged. Nevermind, at least she got a companion now.

"So, is your flashlight alright? Mine seems to be broken."

Todd checked the flashlight in his hand, smacked it a bit and shaked it. It worked just fine. They both sighed in relief.

"Okay, so lets get out of here shall we? Its freezing like hell."

Todd nodded and handed the flashlight to Kathleen, which made her furrow her eyebrows.

"Why are you giving me this? I want you to lead the way!" she tried to keep her facial features firm but there was a hint of mischief in her eyes.

Todd immediately knew her flashlight wasn't broken. Todd shook his head, looking startled.

"I'm, I'm notㅡ I can't lead the way. You can."

"Oh, come on!" insisted her, grabbing his arms and start pulling him.

Todd sighed in defeat. He started to direct his flashlight forward, and with Kathleen clinging to his arms, started walking slowly.

Kathleen giggled, knowing her plan worked. Apparently, Todd noticed her laugh and a blush appeared in his face and he felt embarrassment start to creep up onto him.

But he let it be anyway.

...

Sephia Barron was probably the most fainthearted of them all. She accidentally throw her flashlight when the 'thing' happened earlier.

So, when they all were running like crazy, she grabbed the back of the coat of anyone in front of her. And by that, she didnt even know whose coat was she grabbing.

She closed her eyes most of the time. She knew it was very dangerous, for sure. She even tripped a few times. But she is just too scaredㅡ her mind kept telling her off things.

In her eyes in that situation, trees looked like a tall monster. And rocks looked like some ghosts sitting. Everybody had been through that kind of situation, right?

So Sephia decided to keep her eyes closed, running carefully following the person whose coat she grabbed.

It was until the person she followed decided to stop running. Sephia automatically stopped running, too. And eventually opened her eyes.

The sight before her made her shocked, because the person whose coat she grabbed all along was no other than the mighty Charlie Dalton.

Yes. The last person Sephia wished to be with in the middle of the woods at midnight.

And it just got worse when Sephia realized there were only they two.

"Where are the others...?"

Charlie shrugged, trying to hold back a smirk from his face.

"I don't know, either. I guess we are lost, heh."

Sephia's blue orbs wandered around once again, before she shuddered, either because she is freezing and scared.

She just wanted to got this over with and finally could escape from Charlie.

"Your flashlight works alright, no? Lets get out of here then. I'm sure you know your way around more than me."

"No, wait," said Charlie, blocking her out by standing right in front of her. "I gotta ask you a question."

Sephia took a step back from how close he was standing in front of her and folded her arms. She really just wanted to get out of here and he decided to do this, here??

She let out a loud sigh and looked away, just because she couldnt bear looking to his eyesㅡno clue why.

"Shoot."

Charlie cleared his throat, he noticed how Sephia avoided his eyes and feeling kind of uncomfortable by it but he let it go.

"Why do you despise me so much? You barely know me."

Sephia knew that question was going to come out anytime soon.

"Is it because of last time? Because if it isㅡ"

"Yes, it is!" shouted her, which she immediately regret because she realized she was being rude.

Charlie was silent, waiting for Sephia to elaborate more but she didn't know what to say.

"Its justㅡ"

"SEPHIA! CHARLIE!"

They both looked at their right, and it turned out to be Valenda and Neil.

"Oh my God, we found you, finally!" Valenda hugged Sephia, and she hugged back, obviously feeling relieved.

Neil smacked Charlie's back.

"Why the hell could you end up lost here? We crossed this woods like, thousand times!"

Sephia looked at their direction, and saw Charlie's smirk as he answered,

"Who said I was lost?"

And really, Sephia wanted to punch his face again.