Chapter 10: The farm

Chapter 10

Emily's P.O.V

"Hi mommy" I said, putting one of my famous smiles.

"Hello daughter, could you explain how this dog got in your room?" Oh so she went in my room, damn no privacy.

"Mom stay away from him! I don't know him." I acted like I had never seen the dog before.

"Oh really, so he magically appeared in your room. With a bowl of water and everything."  What's the point of lying now.

"His name is Rocky and he's a friends of mine dog, I'm taking care of him because Ryan move to Jake's house and couldn't take care of him there." I said super-fast I got dizzy.

"Wait Ryan, the son of that maniac that almost killed you and got you in danger?!?" She said getting a little angry. So I'm guessing the police told her what happened.

"Mom is not his fault his dad is like that, we don't choose or family and lets give him a break his mother just got killed." I told her.

"Yes by his father, I don't want you to be with him, just stay away from him." Mom told me looking serious.

"Mom that is not easy, plus he is staying with us in the farm."

"Yeah, because of him we are staying there" she said getting angry, "Go pack we are living early in the morning" she said picking Rocky up and walking to me "And we will discuss this in the morning" she told me giving me Rocky.

I went upstairs and texted Jake.

How's everything going? Did you finished packing? I asked. I started getting some clothes from my closet when he replied.

Almost It simply said. I wasn't going to text anything back but then I remember something.

Jake what's going to happen to the funeral of Ryan's mother?

There isn't going to be one, she is going to be cremated. Am I the last person to know everything?

Ok. That was the last thing I send.
                          •~•
In the morning we had everything in the car and were on are way to the farm, it was pretty damn far, my butt even fell asleep. We were riding with Jake's parents. I was in the middle of the back seat and Ryan was in my Right and Jake on my left. They didn't talk or look at each other. That was very weird. I wonder if it's because of the vase thing.

My mom and Rocky were riding with the officer that was talking to us yesterday and is taking us to the farm.

Finally we got to the farm, we all got out and there was a little family waiting for us in the balcony. There was a woman in her early 30 with short black hair and pale skin, for a person that lives in a farm she is very pale, there was a tall man with blond hair and tan olive skin maybe that was her husband because they didn't look alike, and last there was a girl maybe my age with blond hair, pale skin and blue eyes, that neither of her parents have. She was very different from me, I had my brown curly hair, my tan skin and my brown eyes. But she is very beautiful and I was kind of jealous of her.

Even the boys think that by the way they were staring at her.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome," said the man in a high voice, hahaha it reminded me of the guy from blended. "My name is George, this is my wife Veronica and my daughter Jennifer," he finished pointing to his wife and daughter.

"Hi, we're very thankful for letting us stay in your house for a couple of weeks" Jake's dad said. "My name is Luis, this is my wife Amy, my son Jake, this is July and her daughter Emily, and her friend Ryan" said Luis pointing at all of us.

"Is very nice to meet you all, come get inside is getting dark" Veronica said with a big smile.

We got inside and Veronica told us to put our bags at the door and later on we could get it to the room we were going to stay in.

Going to the living room something running at full speed made me trip and fall, but before I made contact with the floor Ryan hold my arm. He helped me stand up straight and when I looked at the floor there was a.... Pig?

"Oh are you alright Hon, sorry for Felix, he's just happy " Veronica said getting the pig up and hugging him. Weird family.

"Um I'm very tired and I think Emily is too, so can you show us where are rooms are?" said Ryan saving me.

"Yeah sure, Jennifer will show you" said George. Jennifer just looked at us with a bored face. We started to walk up the stairs and Jennifer didn't even say a word. When we stop in front of 2 doors, she pointed to the left one and said it was mine and the right one was Ryan's and Jake's. We said our thanks and she left.

"She doesn't talk much I see" comment Ryan.

"Yeah she doesn't, but maybe she is just shy" I told him.

"Or maybe she doesn't want us in her house" He said Laughing."Well I'm tired so night"

"Yeah, night and thanks " I said smiling at him.

"For?" he asked confused.

"For saving me from that weird family."

"Yeah they are kind of weird but there are nice enough to let use stay here and I think the pig likes you," he said pushing my arm playfully and laughing.

I just glared at him and move closer to the door, before I opened it he pull my arm. When I looked up at him he gave me a peck on the cheek and a smile, then he went in his room leaving me there confused.

What just happened?

Vote!