Chapter 11

Mike suggested us to get back together that day, but I refused. I didn't want him to be with me because of the baby, I wanted him to be with me because he wants to be with me. So, we decided to remain "friends" and he would help me with the baby. In about 9 months we had a beautiful baby girl. Mike did help, with money, with doctors' appointments and he was there when the baby was born.

My attraction to Mike has faded. I was completely focused on the baby. I even encouraged him to go out on dates. I think he dated someone else sporadically, I'm not even sure. I also wanted to be free to start going out myself soon. But I felt his presence all the time. He either called or came by.

One evening he came by to see the baby. He was all dressed up and smelled good. I inquired where he was heading. He told me he was going on a date with a new girl he met online. I wished him good luck.

He left and came back in 30 minutes. With the flowers.

"What happened. She canceled the date?" I asked him.

"No, I canceled it myself. I bought these flowers for you."

"Are you ok?"

"Lola, I'm not going on these stupid dates anymore. I have you, and my daughter is here. This is my place, here, with two of you."

"But we argue every other day, and you hate that, don't you? You wanted a different girl. And I wanted to start going out myself too."

"You know what? I'm staying here. And you will start going out with me."

I wasn't in a mood to argue.

"Ok, let's try," I said.

We tried. And it worked. Our daughter is 5 now. With all ups and downs, I can say that we are a happy family.

** I hope you enjoyed this short love story. Please don't forget to leave your feedback . To contact me, please send an email to leyla.lubovina@gmail.com**