Chapter 31

Word count: 4924

DEIDRE

A yawn escaped once I had awoken, stretching in the sheets, arm reaching out for Thomas, only to find the spot empty.

"Thomas?" I called out, peering around the room for any sign of him, but coming up with none. I shielded my half naked body with the covers, bringing them to my chin. My mood dropped at the vacant space, all the well knowing he had left hours ago.

I flopped back on the soft mattress, wishing he was there. It did not help that the scent of his cologne was there, mixing into the material, stuffing it to the brink. I inhaled sharply, wanting nothing more than to breathe it in for the rest of my life.

It had become my addiction.

Although, I hissed at the pain that shot through my body, starting from my bottom. And my cheeks burned at the reminder of the night before, what we had done.

Rage had taken control of him, completely. Last night, he did not care about anything other than all of the men who had touched me at the club, who I had done a show for.

For some reason, I felt pride. That he was jealous even if we weren't together.

My ass still ached from the hand marks he had delivered, after throwing me on the bed. For hours, this had repeated, along with him touching me in the one place I had allowed for months, before pushing my mouth on his member once more.

This was so different. Different than anything I had experienced.

My cheeks reddened at the memory, burying my face in the pillow to push it away.

I couldn't not stop grinning.

"I love him," I mumbled to myself. "I really really love him."

I just wished I could tell him that.

Although, I shot out of bed at the sight of the alarm, learning it was past eight. It was a school day and I was late.

Shit.

Why had no one woken me up? Where we're my parents? They were supposed to be home, they said they were going to be early in the morning.

"Mom? Dad?" I called, rushing downstairs, finding the kitchen empty. I figured they had gone straight to work. I didn't even give a care about breakfast as I sprinted out of the house, straight to the school, all the while fingering the tangled mess that was my hair. I had not had the time to do anything, only thrown on a dress.

"No, no, no. Damnit," I swore under my breath, noticing I had forgotten to put on a bra. "Are you kidding me?"

It was about a twenty minute walk to the school, and I made it just as the bell rung, ending the first period. I was out of breath by the time I reached my locker, switching out the books.

"Deidre, skipping classes now, are we?"

I speared Robert a glance, who was grinning, standing next to me. "No. I slept in."

"Yeah, I can tell. I dig your outfit choice."

That earned a groan, and a bang of my head against the metal. "Shut up. I was in a rush."

"Can see that also. So... last night. What happened between you and Tommy boy?"

I cleared my throat, pushing down the embarrassment. "Nothing. We just talked."

"Sure... just talked. Deidre, you little liar!" he accused. "Doesn't look like just talking to me. With Thomas's and yours appearance, my suggestion on what you did would be very filthy. I guess I have nothing to teach you anymore since Thomas seems to be doing all of that."