Chapter Five

I wasn't sad anymore, I was fucking pissed. I wanted nothing more than to make them pay for hurting me that way. No one deserves to be hurt that way by their boyfriend and best friend, but sadly, it happens.

I wasn't going to get played by them again. I wasn't going to take Andrew back or Mercy. That would be me playing myself.

Should I key his precious car? No. I needed something good. I needed to make this good and make them both pay.

As I got out of bed, I had an idea.

First I needed to get dressed.

Once I was dressed and had some makeup on, I grabbed the keys to my car and headed out the door. I got in my car and made my way to the mall.

My first stop was at my favourite clothing store where I bought a bunch of new clothes. The next store I went to was Ultra, where I picked up some new makeup. I wanted to improve myself and give myself a makeover, a new me.

I couldn't let him bug me. I couldn't let this destroy me, I needed to be stronger than my pain.

When I got home, I felt better. Shopping really helped me feel better, I couldn't wait to show up at school tomorrow and show everyone I wasn't broken from that.

That night I put on a face mask and watched my favourite Movies until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and took a quick shower before getting ready.

I chose a white off the shoulders top with light blue jeans and sandals. I topped the look off with my gold heart shaped necklace my grandmother gave me. I did my makeup and my hair before leaving for school.

 I did my makeup and my hair before leaving for school

When I got to school, I kept a smile on my face.  People stared at me as I walked to my locker.

As I turned my lock to open it, I felt arms suddenly around me. I turned around a seen Alec. "Hanna," he said and looked down at me.

"Hey," I said softly.

"I'm going to beat the shit out of him." He told me and pulled away.

"No, Alec. Leave it alone. I'll be okay."

"No you won't. We've all stopped being friends with him and Mercy. Even Lucas too."

Lucas was Andrew's best friend and sometimes hung out with us although he was very busy with all the sports he played.

"I'm okay," I told him with a forced smile.

"You didn't. Deserve that.  I came by your house but your security said you wanted to be left alone,"

I nodded. "I needed time to myself, you know? I lost my boyfriend and best friend. It's not the easiest thing to deal with so I thought I needed to be alone for awhile to sort my head out." I explained as I turned back around and opened my locker.

"I'm so sorry, Hanna. None of us had any idea of what was going on between them."

"I know, neither did I." I told him as I grabbed my books than shut my locker. "I don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm not letting that define me. I'm better than both of them and I'll be fine without them."

"That's right, You have me." He grinned. "You're going to be okay."

"Of course I'm going to be okay. Fuck them. They mean nothing to me now."

Alec smiled. "That's my Hanna. Don't let them take you down."

"I wasn't planning on it, can we go to class now?"

He nodded and we went to our first class which we had together. Class went by rather fast as I was lost in my own thoughts instead of paying attention to the lesson.

My next class went by just as fast but I dreaded going to my next one, I had that one with Andrew.

Keep your head up, Johanna.

I walked into class and sat in front while Andrew just stared at me. I wanted to flip him off or punch him but I knew I couldn't, at least not in class. I would rather not get in trouble for punching my bastard ex boyfriend. He's done enough harm to me as it is.

I paid attention during this class and got the assignment done early. When the bell rang I hurried out of class and into the cafeteria. I seen my group of friends at our table which made me smile. I went over to them and sat down. "Hey, guys."

They all looked at me and smiled. Kenzie pulled me into a hug. "Are you okay?"

"Guys! I'm fine! I'm not letting this define me. I'll be okay."

After I said that my friends seemed to ease off the feelings sorry for me, I didn't want them to. I didn't need to be felt sorry for, that moment in my life was over. It still hurts so fucking much but I can't show it.

My next class was with Arrow. I needed to apologize to him.

I went in and sat in my usual seat in the back. Arrow walked in and sat down next to me.

I turned to look at him just as he looked at me.

"I'm sorry," we both said at the same time.

I let out a little giggle. "You don't have anything to be sorry for, Arrow."

"Neither do you." He told me. "I was a dick and I'm sorry. Just accept the apology."

I nodded instead of arguing with him.

"Are you okay though?" He leaned over and asked me.

I looked at him and nodded.

"You don't need to put on a brave face."

"I'm not."

"You are. Don't hide your emotions and feelings."

~Sorry I've been so busy guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Thank you for reading!

Comment! Vote! Share! Follow!

💋