chapter 33

A soft patter of droplets hitting the window glass continuously stirred skye awake from her slumber. A soft whimper escaped her lips as she attempted to stretch her arms around but felt piercing pain shooting up her elbow. She opened her eyes to the dim room, lit with small candles placed on the stand in the corner.

She tried to examine her elbow but she couldn't see any wound and attempted to grab it to twist a bit to reveal any injury but winced as pain became alive once again.

She looked around to find no one in the chambers and the felt a slight shiver run through her at the cold treatment of the night. Rain drops were still hitting the window glass reminding her that she wasn't alone. Sighing, she straightened up in the sitting position crawling up on the left side of her body to avoid the elbow from scratching against the sheets.

The door swung open and her eyes locked to the towering body of certain person with hypnotizing grey eyes who turned her world upside down since the moment he entered her life.

She frowned as to why he was just standing at the door and not coming inside and sensing her confusion he cautiously stepped inside and closed the door behind.

Why did he come at this hour of night? He doesn't usually come to his chambers. Alright, he never stayed in his chambers at night for as long as she remembered.

And then it struck her.

All the bricks came crumbling down on her, hitting her head at different angles and she thought her head would split up at the intensity. Her hands flew up to her head which she held firmly with eyes clenched shut.

No!

Soon pair of hands were holding hers and attempted to lower them down from her head but before he could do anything, she jerked away from his touch. Her eyes glared daggers at him as if she just found out that he was the biggest monster she had ever witnessed.

The hatred that reflected from her eyes scorched down every muscle of his body and at that moment he couldn't feel more alone and desperate.

Desperate to ease her pain and tell her that it was going to be okay.

Desperate to hold her small farm in his arms.

Desperate to kiss her pain away.

"How dare you!" She cried out in outrage pushed at him hard. His balance wavered a bit at the unexpected jab at his stomach but then he straightened himself without retaliating.

She couldn't care less if he was a royalty or not. How could he do such a thing to her?

Leon has been executed.

Her brain reminded her like a piercing knife through her ribs and a heart wrenching wail erupted from her trembling lips. Their redness complimenting hot blood raging through her arteries.

"You think you can do anything to anyone?" She asked looking dead in his eyes. He simply looked back at her.

"You think your men can kill an innocent elderly lady who did nothing but to protect her daughter from the growing claws of monsters out there," she brushed the tear away with the back of her hand cheek her cheek," you think your men can snatch her crying daughter away from her mother's dead body and imprison her in your dead hole." Her eyes danced around his chambers, barely lit from deathly pale luminescent light fighting to stay alive.

He gulped down casting his eyes downward taking her every single blame. Actually she was merely stating the reality.

" And then you encage one person that stood by me through every thick and thin and s-slaughter him away?" In the end her voice died down along with the death of her soul and she sneered at his stoic form and turned away from him only to bury her face in her hands and starting wailing over the brutality of her fate.

"'Tis not how it went, my beautiful, " he whispered and shifted his weight closer to her which went unnoticed by her crying form that was absorbed in her own self.

He took deep breath and held her forearm in his both hands trying to peer in her eyes which she wasn't allowing access to,"we sent commander leon away to Hermione state-" before he could finish, she turned towards her frantically, " h-Hermione st-" her voice faltered in the end and she couldn't swallow down her mortification.

He brushed away her stubborn locks and his hand skid down over her cheek," king gregor asked for him and-" albeit his many efforts, he couldn't bring himself to confess about king's demand of her. Briefly connecting glance with her, he looked down at her lap not knowing where to conceal his gaze,"-and he was sent there where upon king Gregor's order, he was executed."

She scoffed at him not believing at her own ears," so you say he was sent there to be executed?" She bit down each word and having had enough, she stumbled over the blankets but successfully climbed down the bed and stood on her full weight.

He leapt ahead to secure her wrist in his to prevent her further movement, "you took it wrong. He wasn't sent to be executed," he stood up and held her shoulders in place," king himself broke the treaty between the two states and without our knowledge took that step making father and me furious." He stated opening his heart to her.

She snatched her hand away from him and raised her head," but your excuses can't bring Leon back." Her weak voice complained with her teary eyes.

A surge of anger flared up his back bone and his grip tightened around her shoulders,"why on earth do you keep denying whatever I tell you regarding that boy?" His harsh voice made him wince at the impact of his voice.

"Leon isn't somebody whose death I'll forget just like that."she retreated under the heated scrutiny of his gaze.

"You will not take his name as if he rules your world." He hissed at her like a wounded snake igniting her inner rebellion.

"You cannot control my actions."

His smirk clouded his aura spreading menace, painting his darkness unfolds, "oh, I have every right to."

"This is where you are wrong." She bit back every single word with irritatingly calm demeanor.

His eyes pierced down on her as a wave of possessiveness struck his mind and he pulled her closer to him, just inches away," why must you deny my words and wail over that dead boy!" His finger pointed away in the air as if gesturing towards commander Leon.

The mention of Leon in those words took away her hold that she was trying to keep on herself and slapped him hard with death of her mother and Leon protruding out of her eyes.

"I never thought you were this dead inside to mock your own death stricken victims." Her accusing screech scratched all his senses and the stinging pain on his cheek turned all the gears of his brain on. His eyes opened wide in realization and both of them stayed this way making her shift her weight on her feet with unnerving fear as to how he is going to react.

Without sparing her another glance, he turned around and stomped out of the chambers not caring to close the door behind him as he usually does to ensure her safety in what she referred to as a cage.

She slumped down on the floor, showering in the pool of her own tears not knowing how many tragedies she was crying at.

Her mother's murder,

Leon's execution ,

Her inability to do anything in this prison,

Or the departure of pissed prince Raine,

She knew not.

************************************