{44}

Illicit

(adj.) not legally permitted

Sneaking up on the howling wolves, they were standing by the hatch toying with the ones they clearly knew were on the other side of the door. Luckily, Lilly managed to keep it locked and hopefully calmed everyone down, but this job out here was for me. 

I had to be smart about it, there were seven of them and one of me, but if I kept hidden while killing them off, then I'd have time to hurt them enough and weaken them. This was important, I was the only one knowing they were here. 

Biting the neck of the wolf closest to me, he fell down without making a sound as I snapped the bone perched between my teeth. His two friends were aware of what had happened, making them jump into the bush where I was hiding. 

Biting into the neck of the first one, I cracked his neck before doing the exact same to his buddy. Three down, four to go. Inching closer, I bit into two of the tormenters closest to me, making them howl in pain where I managed to stomp on their heads and bite them to shreds, rudely cutting them off. 

Now I was in the open, vulnerable and ready to fight the last two. Their lips snarled at me, but the nervousness in their scent was too easy to detect. Snapping in their direction, I pounced on the first one, using the same technique on him as I'd done to his friends. 

One left. 

He circled me, somehow finding a small ounce of confidence, before I knew what had happened, he bit into my side, a howl of pain leaving my lips. As he was distracted, I tripped him over with my entire body, his teeth letting go of me, where I took the chance to rip his neck to shreds. Effectively killing him.

Listening through the door, I knew Lilly would be able to smell my Aurelia species, her voice hushed the others. "It's just our Luna, she protected us, everything's fine." Her voice comforted the women and children, I knew she would be amazing at it. 

"Luna is badass, so don't worry." A confident voice from a little girl suddenly squealed, Willow, I thought as I howled to them. 

I checked that everything was fine, before I ran back to the fight. Very much aware that they'd focus on killing me now, they didn't know that The Dark Moon Pack had an Aurelia on their side, the pack itself didn't even know that. 

I healed a lot of werewolves on my way back, it was quicker and easier to heal while in the wolf form and I managed to help at least 20 werewolves, all of them extremely shocked by my white eyes. 

When I ran into the open field I let my wolf take control of my body, but I chose to stay in my spirit, not wanting her to scare anyone. She ran forward into upcoming attacks, biting into throats left and right, ripping their carotid arteries out of their neck. She was light on her feet, springing away from ambushes, biting and stomping rogues to death. 

By the twenty-seventh kill I lost count and allowed her to work, this had been brewing for a long time and hiding her away for that long made her thirsty for blood. Especially the blood of enemies, only that actually. I'd always known this side of her, but to others it must seem scary to see a huge wolf like mine with white eyes killing with such ease.

Before I knew what had happened, there was only one rogue left, he didn't dare move, but his scared eyes were fixated on my indifferent ones. He turned around and his small paws tried to outrun me, looking over my shoulder my eyes met Arrax's, he was looking at me with a mixture of hurt and confusion. 

Turning my attention back to the run away rogue, an entertained and hungry howl left my lips, before I caught up to him, flinging him onto the ground. His wolf was clearly tired from fighting so much. 

I circled around him, snapping my teeth to scare him and it seemingly worked wonders. Not wanting to deal with anything else anymore, I pounced on him and with one rip with my teeth, his neck was one big open wound and his eyes were lifeless. He didn't deserve to live, he chose to attack us and hoped to slaughter every last bit of life in the Dark Moon Pack, he didn't deserve mercy and I would never grant it to him either. Death was the only solution.

I didn't have time to dwell on me getting the last kill. My wolf was running to the wounded, sending the elements out through my white eyes, healing them. The fur on my body rose by so much power coursing through my body. Some werewolves were already gone, but I didn't have time to mourn, not yet, I had to heal as many as possible. 

What felt like hours later, I couldn't smell any more wounded werewolves. My wolf tilted to the side, trying to catch herself from falling but failing. My body hit the ground where I was panting by exhaustion. 

As my eyes closed, my body shifted back to my human form and I was about to fall asleep, when two strong arms lifted me. The shivers that ran through my body told me it was Arrax, I didn't even have to look at him. 

My waist was in a pretty horrible shape after the bite, the pain making me dizzy, but I tried to ignore that and focus on his hands on my body. He carried me into the pack house and before I knew it, my tired body landed on something soft, a bed. 

"I'm not dangerous, Arrax," I whispered, "I haven't touched your parents." Needing him to know the truth, before slipping into a deep slumber, the exhaustion hitting every fiber of my being. I was content with what I'd done today and I allowed a little smile to fall onto my lips.