Chapter 16

Xavier's POV

Antonio was laying in a bath tub full of ice cold water with ice blocks (suggested by Daniel).

Antonio was still passed out from the hit he got from Daniel.

I watched as he slowly opened his eyes looking at us in horror.

"You finally awake," Daniel said sardonically with an electroshock weapon in his hand.

Antonio stared at us frightened, his teeth chattering. I almost felt sorry for him. He was going to deal with Daniel and he was a psychopath.

"Let's get started," Daniel said putting a pair of gloves on. I looked at him confused wondering what he planned on doing.

"This is how it's going to work. You talk, if you don't I'll electrocute you. You in water so it's a painful way to die." Daniel said, no hint of emotion in his voice.

Daniel was into illegal businesses. Torturing people was part of his daily routine.

Antonio laughed, his body shivering in the cold water.

"What do you want me to tell you, how his wife was in bed?" Antonio said then continued to laugh.

"Wrong answer," Daniel said then punched him in the face.

"Let's do this again." Daniel said.

Antonio laughed his noise bleeding and a tooth shaking.

"If anything happens to me your dear wife will pay for it," Antonio said.

"That's it," Daniel said.

Daniel took the electroshock weapon and electrocuted him.

Antonio cried out in pain, his body shaking and his hands clenched onto the bath tub.

"Fine I'll talk," Antonio yelled crying out in pain.

Daniel stopped, a smirk forming on his face.

"I was paid to do it," he said breathing heavily.

"By whom?" I asked, walking out of the corner.

Antonio didn't reply still catching his breath.

I moved closer then punched him in the face.

"Who paid you to do it?" I yelled grabbing his collar.

Daniel took a few steps back smirking at me.

"It wasn't supposed to get this far. She paid me to drug her and pretend I slept with her so you would leave her." He said.

"Who paid you to do it?" I repeated, punching him again.

"Your mother!" He yelled.

I loosened my grip on his collar stunned by his answer.

"What?" I said.

I had definitely heard wrong.

My mother would never do such a thing.

"Your mother paid me to do it, I swear!" He yelled.

"My mother would never do such a thing, tell me the truth." I said, I punched him again nearly bumping his heard against the bath tub.

"Calm down," Daniel said. "Unless you want to kill him now, if he dies you'll never get your answers." Daniel whispered.

"Why would I lie to you," Antonio yelled.

"You've done nothing but lie to me," I yelled.

"Think about it Xavier," Daniel said facing me, trying to calm me down. "You mom can be a little crazy at times, not to mention overprotective." He whispered.