Chapter 4

Hunters' POV

"Night guys," Avalon got up and left with Dayton.

"So that's the girl you've been telling us about ?" Archer asked as she left.

"Yep," I looked out to where they had just left, Avalon Greene the schools little goodie two shoes, cringes at swearing, grimaces at blood and can't ever hurt someone's feelings.

"She's so innocent," Archer's voice snapped me out of my staring.

"Yeah, she won't be like that for long if Stefan keeps coming after her." I shook my head "She'll break when it comes to the first kill." No matter what happens, when someone gets involved with our world you will always have someone's blood on your hands, whether your the killer or the cause.

"She'll handle it," Archer shrugged and got out a glass of whiskey and passed me one.

"No she won't, she's too innocent, she cant even stand swearing how do you think she will stand killing someone ?"

"I think she handled this all very well today, she may be innocent but she's strong, she should be able to handle anything just give her the time." Archer's words shocked me, usually he was the pessimist so the fact he believed in her spoke volumes. "Don't underestimate her, she is one hell of girl and I can just tell by how she handled Dayton."

He downed his drink and said his good nights. I sat there for a while thinking, was he right ? If so Avalon was going to keep us on our toes.

Avalon's POV

I woke up to the sun shinning through the curtains, I groaned and got up. I saw the jeans and vest on the floor and got changed. I put my hair into a messy bun and ran downstairs to find Archer in the kitchen making eggs and bacon.

"Hey," I sat on the stool opposite his back, he looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"Hey, how you doing today ?" He put out two plates of bacon and eggs and passed one to me with a fork before getting his own and sitting opposite.

"Good, surprisingly, I think I just needed a good night's sleep." I took a bite of the bacon and let out a moan, "This is soo good." I looked to Archer to see him smiling in amusement.

"I wouldn't make that sound again, Hunter might get the wrong idea of what we are doing in here," he winked and it took a few seconds for me to realize what he meant, and when I figured it out I blushed redder then a tomato and bit my lip.

"That is very inappropriate Archer." He just laughed and walked behind me. He pushed my hair away from my neck and leaned in close.

"Is the little girl blushing ?" He put his hand on my waist.

"Archer, please let me go," I was blushing so badly I could be mistaken for a cherry. He laughed at me and stepped back. "Thank you."

Hunter walked in and stopped to look at us.

"What's going on here then ?" He eyed Archer before smiling at me.

"Nothing," I looked at Archer before standing "you want eggs and bacon ?" I stood by the food and grabbed out some plates.

"Sure, thanks," I smiled and got to cooking the food that hadn't been eaten. Dayton joined us after a while and we all laughed over breakfast. Once we were done we sat outside, it was a very nice day, the sun was out and we were laying on the grass speaking up the sun rays.

"Hey Ava, did you finish the psychology homework ?" Hunter asked from next to me.

"Yeah, I finished the essay before I went to the party."