Chapter 56

Athena

Sometime after Mirella's 2nd birthday and our discussion about visiting my dad; Dante booked our tickets.

It is Mirella's first time on a plane. Dante's private jet is small and cosy for us and I make sure Mirella is safely strapped in.

 I can't believe it has been nearly 3 years since I've spoken or seen Papa. He hasn't contacted me since I step foot into Italy. 

I think it's because he was mourning Mama and didn't want me as a reminder of what he lost. It wasn't just Dad that I lost contact with.

 After that phone call with Alyssa I haven't talked to her since either.

Hopefully when we land in America and back home I can see her. Visit her. Catch up on everything I've missed. See if she is still with her boyfriend Matt.

We arrive in America and I give our Uber driver the address to the Valentine mansion. I can feel Dante's nerves.

He's never met my father. 

It's natural for him to feel a little nervous meeting the man that raised me.

 "Dante he'll love you. Don't worry so much!" I peck his lips.

"ATHENA!" I hear her squeal as soon as I step into my childhood home. 

My best friend. 

My support system. 

My sister. 

Alyssa. 

She wraps her arms around me tightly and I clutch onto her afraid to let her go. Afraid of never seeing her again.

"Ally I missed you!" I whisper and hold her tighter. 

"I missed you more babe!" She pulls away. 

"Nice to see you again Dante!" She gives him a quick hug. I forgot that they met in Italy when we went clubbing. 

"Oh my GOD!" Alyssa screams out loud when she sees Mirella holding Dante's hand. 

Mirella looks at her Aunt and starts giggling. 

"She likes you!" I laugh. 

"She looks just like you Athena but with Dante's hair. What's her name?" Alyssa exclaims. 

"Can I hold her?" She asks nervously and I nod giving her permission.

"Her name is Mirella Hope Martino!" I announce.

"Hey Ella Auntie Alyssa loves you!" Alyssa plays with Mirella's fingers and Mirella begins laughing. 

I know she's going to grow to love her Aunt. 

"Where is Papa?" I ask feeling sad that I couldn't see him. That's when I hear the sound of an engine.

"Right on time as usual!" Alyssa jokes.

"Fuck. Babe I have to see Matt in 5 minutes!" She gasps and gives me Mirella. 

"Matt huh?" I tease her and smirk. 

She looks at me and shows me her hand. "No way! .He proposed! You are giving me details later!" I tell her before she makes a quick exit. 

She exits and Papa enters. 

A wave of nostalgia hits me as I see him. He looks exactly the same. His brown hair styled and his light blue eyes dim of happiness. 

He looks happy but I know the death of Mama took its toll on him. 

"Athena." His eyes widen when he sees me and he rushes over. 

But stops when he sees Dante and the 2 year old child in my arms. 

"Who is he? And is that yours?" He snaps anger evident in his voice. 

"Papa!" I warn him but tears are in my eyes. 

"Why did you break up with Romero? Is it because of him?" Papa asks and I look at Dante teary eyed. 

The mention of Romero make me shake in fear. 

"With all due respect sir. Your daughter shouldn't be forced to stay with someone she doesn't love. I am her husband. Dante Luca Martino."

He gives his hand for Papa to shake. Papa reluctantly shakes his hand. 

"That is your nipotina Mirella Hope Martino and our daughter!" Dante tells him and I can tell he's on edge with what my father just said. 

"My nipotina!" He gasps and looks at Mirella. 

Tears form in his eyes as he takes Mirella from my arms and holds her tight. 

"Rosa would've loved her and you Dante!" Papa holds back his tears as Mirella plays with her grandfather's hair. 

The mention of Mama sets my tears free as I run towards Dante burying my face in his chest.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I was just angry. It's nice to see you again Athena. Make yourself at home!" Papa says. 

The rest of the afternoon Dante and Papa talk and get to know each other while Papa embarrasses me by showing Dante childhood pictures of me. 

Pictures without Romero in them. 

This is what happiness feels like. 

Pure endless happiness. 

A/N:

Athena is finally reunited with her Papa and best friend. 

How do we feel about Aodhan's reaction to Dante?

What do you guys think is going to happen?

I'm so excited for the finale! Only 4 more chapters left!!!!!

Comment and Vote. 

Soul x