Chapter 9

Katherina POV

When I open my eyes in the morning the first thing I saw is my 'future husband' standing in front of the mirror in his dark grey suit with neatly combed hair looking handsome as ever.

It's unbelievable how with every passing day I'm slowly and steadily accepting my life and trying to get okay with the fact of my life that I have to live with Nathan from now on.

Nathan has been very busy nowadays, not that I was missing him or anything but mostly he came back after I fell asleep and left before I wake up but today he is standing right here in front of me and it feels like it's been a while since I saw him.

He was fixing his tie when his eyes met mine in the mirror and he caught me gawking at him, "I'll be back in a couple of hours. Be ready, I'm taking you out" he said.

"Out? Where?" I didn't realize that I said it out aloud until he stopped fixing his tie and turns to me.

He ran his gaze on me up and down, "Don't make me wait" and with that, he walked out of the room.

After he was left I sat back on the bed and thought about his words. He is taking me out, after almost three weeks of being trapped inside the mansion finally I'm going out. Since my last went out with Rebecca which will haunt me forever, I feel much safer going out with Nathan.

My daily routine started with going to college and rarely after that, I went to some places with my friends when I had free time from the cafe but I never went out alone or with strangers because that would make my dad angry, he always decided where I can go and where not and now Nathan's gonna decide what will I do and what not.

My life is always controlled by men before dad took all the decisions and now Nathan's gonna take all the decisions for me. How can another person decide what is good for me and what is not, what about my feelings and choices? It doesn't matter to anyone what I want, I can't do anything which I want anymore. Now I have to do what Nathan would like me to for the rest of my life as a slave like my mother is for my dad.

I heard many things about Nathan and not a single one of those were acceptable but still, I'm here in his house in his bed doing as he says. I can't even hate this man because he hasn't done anything wrong with me at least not yet. He treated me fairly until now which is totally surprising.

He could have done anything to me and there will be not a single person who would question him not even my own parents.

I gasp when I look at the clock, I already spoil half an hour indulging in my thoughts so I rush into the bathroom to take a shower. I put on a casual floral dress which reaches up to my knees, I completed it with brown boots. I applied a little bit of the make-up before pulling my hair up in a ponytail.

I walk down hoping that I am not late but my breath hitched when I saw Nathan pacing impatiently in the living room.

He stopped when his eyes fell on me, he walked toward me making me take a step back but he stopped me by wrapping his arm around my waist and bringing me closer to him, "You look beautiful, mia cara" (My dear).

We walked toward the lift as he kept his arm wrapped around my waist. He pushed the bottom last button and the lift door close. The door opened to what looks like a parking lot of the building where expensive cars were parked and most of them look untouched.

"Choose," Nathan said turning me towards the cars.

"What?" I question him not really getting what he is trying to say.

"Choose the car" he breathed again this time motioning toward the cars.

He wants me to choose a car, why would he even care in what I want to travel, "This one" I point towards a black BMW which is parked right in front of me.