Chapter 24

Katherina POV

I woke up alone in the bed, Nathan wasn't in the room. Getting up from the bed, I walk inside the bathroom to take a long shower and wash away all the tiredness from yesterday. I put an off-shoulder loose top and blue denim shorts. After getting ready, I walk down in the living room when Rosie and other maids greeted me, greeting them back I walk in the kitchen, and there I saw Nathan chopping vegetables.

"Nathan, what are you doing?" I ask him in surprise.

He turned around hearing my voice. He was looking funny, his hair was all messed up, he wasn't wearing any t-shirt although I don't mind him like this he has a great body. Keeping all the thoughts away I walk up to him.

"Nathan," I extend my hand to take the knife from his hand but he didn't put it down instead he gave me a quick peck on my lips.

Someone seems in a good mood.

"Tell me what are you cooking?" I ask him looking around at the mess he made in the kitchen. All the vegetables were spread across the counter, some dirty utensils that had something spilling out of them, and sink stuffed with dishes.

"Veg white sauce pasta and hot chocolate," he murmurs chopping though he looked lost, maybe he hasn't figured out what all he needed to make it.

"Okay, let me help you," I started with cleaning the counter to make some space then I put all the unnecessary utensils back in the drawers and put the pasta in for boiling.

"Fuck!" I heard a growl and turn around to see Nathan.

"Nathan!" a scream left my mouth when I saw blood oozing out of his finger. I instantly took his finger in my mouth and sucked it to stop the blood. I removed his finger from my mouth and pull him towards the sink to wash his hand.

"Is it hurting?" I ask and keep blowing on his cut which looks deep. I look up at him when I didn't get any answer and saw him smiling at me, "Why are you smiling? Isn't it hurting?" I scolded him.

Nathan pulled his hand from mine and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him and leaned down to kiss me. I don't know why he is kissing me but I don't mind, I can never mind him kissing me. I remember the day when I cut my finger and he helped me, I can never forget the way he made me feel that day but a lot has changed since then.

When he was done kissing me, he pulled away and look deep into my eyes. I was waiting for him to say something but didn't say anything instead just kept on looking at me.

"I have to make pasta" I whispered and he finally let me go.

"Yeah, I'll help you" he turned to counter again when I grab his arm to make him look at me.

"No, your finger"

"Relax, tesoro it's not a big deal" he smiled at me and turned again.

"Okay at least wait a minute, please," I said and he stopped.

I asked Rosie to bring me the aid kit, she got me the kit and I put a bandage to cover his gauge because I didn't want any spices to hurt his cut more. I know this is nothing for him, I remember the day he was sitting casually eating with his injured hand.

Nathan and I cooked together for the first time and I guess we coordinated pretty well. I finished making white sauce pasta while he prepared hot chocolate. Nathan was talking to someone on the phone while I sat the dining for breakfast.

Nathan walked back but something looked off, he looked tense, he didn't say a word so I also stay quiet. We haven't shared a single word while we had breakfast after he was done, he left the table and went straight to his office.