Chapter 5

The scientist is walking down the aisle towards me and autumn so I back away a bit, only for the scientist to open the door to the cage on the other side of me, and take out the egg " what are they doing! Why are they taking the egg?!" I say panicking, autumn is still hissing but her words are sad " they didn't make it" " the one in the egg?" " Yes" " what are they going to do with it?" " Don't know probably throw it away or use it for testing" I want to say something to get her mind off of the egg, " so what color dragonets are there?" " red, green and gold for females and blue, purple and silver for males" autumn says looking over, she looks grateful that I changed the subject "the boys sure do have the better colors, though the green color I have would be great for camouflage if we escape" "oh talking about escaping, if you would like to add to the escape plan you can talk in the general mindlink" I send my confusion over to autumn " oh! I never did teach you how to do that did I? Oh well , so you know how to mindlink me, imagine a wall with you on one side and every one else on the other, the imagine the wall coming down, but I do warn you it is loud"

I do as she says automatically I here the voices at least 50 dragonets talking at the same time, I nod to autumn to let her know I did it and tentatively Joined the conversation, " uh, hello" immediately there is a burst of voices reasponding to my greeting, they quiet down and I hear one voice still talking to me " oh hey! Are you the new dragonet that hatched with the scientists? What was that like? did you manage to claw one?!" He says excitedly " um yes, uh kinda good? And you have claws?" "don't you?" " No I thought it was normal" "oh that's fine, what do you look like?" "Hold on let me ask autumn for a picture" I turn to autumn and she is sitting at the wall seemingly watching my reaction " hey autumn someone is asking for a pic of me, can you send me one?" " Sure here you go" I study myself for a few seconds, my forest green scales that are slightly less shiny than autumns, my long tail with slightly lighter green fur on the end, my big, almost not proportionate, at least on me, wings, my round lizard like face on top of my long neck, small legs obviously not made for running, and my sleek, made for speed, body.

I send him the image and he sends me his, he looks just about the same as me just not alot of fur on his ears, no fur on his tail, silver scales, noticeable muscles, and claws that look retractable, like a cats " oh and my name is arbor, what's yours?" " My name is ignis, nice to meet you arbor"