LVIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | Poison

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕷yra was not normally a worried person. The last time she had felt fear like this was after her father had been imprisoned, and she had thought that was the worst feeling she could ever experience. But she was mistaken.

The feeling that someone had tried to kill her son, and was still out in the world, shook Lyra even further.

Mikael was not as badly affected by the whole ordeal, clapping and laughing away as he tried to pull himself onto his feet to walk around on the grass of the gardens. Lyra and Elia watched him like a hawk, ready to step in at a moment's notice, but the boy waddled around on his own.

"Lyra," She jumped, looking away from Mikael to Tommen, who had approached her. She almost mistook him for Joffrey, as the boys both looked remarkably similar, but her husband was taller and broader than his younger brother. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's alright, Tommen." Lyra patted the bench next to her, moving her dress so her brother-by-law could sit beside her. "How are you holding up? Are you alright?"

"I feel I should ask you that," He muttered in response, smiling as Mikael stumbled over to them. "He looks good."

"He gets stronger every day," Lyra picked her son up and into her arms, brushing through his blond hair. "The Grand Maester thinks that he'll be back to his normal self in a few days."

"That's excellent news then," Tommen trailed off as Lyra turned to look at him, his face forlorn. She nudged his shoulder, causing the younger teenager to look at her.

"Tommen. What's the matter?" His eyes went wide and puppy-like. "You are not normally this quiet."

"I miss Margaery," Tommen mumbled. Lyra shifted Mikael into one arm, wrapping her other around Tommen and pulling him into a hug. The one thing she had learnt was that the Baratheon boys were both touch starved, having not had a good relationship with any of their parents.

"I miss her too." He leant his head on her shoulder, hugging her just as tightly.

"I don't know what to do now. She's in prison and I've got to help her but I don't know how and everything's so confusing," Tommen blurted out, as Lyra nodded. "I don't know what to do, Lyra. Please, tell me what to do."

"Joffrey and I are working on it, Tommen." Lyra promised, running a hand through his hair as Tommen leant further into her shoulder. "All you have to do is not interfere and it will all work out."

"But I want to help," Tommen pulled away to look at her, eyes wide and pleading.

"The best thing you can do to help is to do nothing." Lyra smiled, before squeezing Tommen's shoulders and pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Trust your brother."

"Replacing me, are we?" Joffrey spoke, reaching over Lyra's shoulders to pull Mikael from her arms. Tommen's eyes went wide, all ready to defend himself, but stopped as Lyra laughed. "I leave you alone for a few minutes and you steal her from me, Tommen."

"Stop teasing him." Lyra let Tommen go as Joffrey sat down on the floor ahead of them with Mikael in his lap. Tommen watched his older brother, who was looking far more relaxed than Tommen had seen him in a while.

"I thought you had meetings this afternoon?" She asked as Tommen wiped his eyes and tried to compose himself.

"I did but I don't want to see Cersei, so I'm not going to them," Joffrey shrugged, helping Mikael onto his feet as the little boy giggled.

"You think Mother poisoned Mikael?" Tommen's eyebrows furrowed.

"No. Despite Cersei hating me, she does love you and Joff and by extension, Mikael, so it was most likely not her," Lyra cut in before Joffrey could speak, sending her husband and son a soft look.

"Then who do you think it could be?" Tommen asked. Lyra and Joffrey shared a look, both knowing that it was most likely the High Sparrow, but they had a lot of enemies so it could have been anyone.

"We don't know. We have a lot of enemies but we will find out. /do not worry about that," Lyra sent him a smile, patting his knee. "Are you having dinner with us tonight, Tommen?"

"I don't-I don't know," Tommen stammered out, looking at his brother to see what Joffrey thought of it all.

"I think it would be good for you." Joffrey responded before sending Mikael a small smile as the boy began to walk with Joffrey's help, balancing on his little feet as Elia hovered near by.

Before the poisoning, Mikael had been walking and crawling around on his own, but after the incident, he was a little weaker and seemed to be having to relearn it all again.

"It would be good for all of us," Joffrey muttered, as Mikael tried to struggle between Lyra and Joffrey, occasionally grabbing onto Elia's fur and ears to help keep him steady. The wolf did not mind. Tommen nodded, bowing his head before walking back into the castle as Lyra turned back to Joffrey.

"You had a Small Council meeting if I remember correctly," Joffrey hummed, rolling his eyes. "Joff, we do still need to go to Small Council meetings even if we do not trust them as advisors."

"I do not want to see that woman," He growled, tensing up before forcing a smile onto his face as Mikael turned to face him and placed his little hands on his father's face. Lyra chuckled, watching her husband and son, before Joffrey continued to speak. "You know that it was most likely the High Sparrow trying to get back at you and she's the one who put him in power. So, I don't care what she says, I will not be in the same room as her."

"I understand, truly I do." Lyra sat down on the grass, crossing her legs beneath her as Mikael turned and wobbled back into her arms, giggling as Lyra clapped for him. "Good boy, Mikael. Joff, she will wreak havoc if we are not there. None of the others know how to keep her under control as you do and I hate that you are the one who have to deal with her, but..."

She sighed, wrapping her arms around Mikael and pressing a kiss to her son's head.

"I wish that it was anyone else but you having to stand against her." Joffrey sighed as Lyra reached over for his hand. "I don't want you to spend any time with her at all but we need to keep her in line and under control."

"I know. I know," He shuffled to sit next to her, wrapping his arm around Lyra's shoulder and bringing her into a side hug. "Just, not today. Not so soon after Mikael was poisoned."

"Of course."

Hiya,

So, have a double update because Tommen and Lyra are very sweet and Mikael is adorable. Also, Joff is avoiding all responsibility which might come back to bite him later, what do you think?

Let me know what you thought of the chapter.

Love Li xx