LXXI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 | Surprise

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he royal army was quick to set up camp outside the walls of Winterfell, pitching tents and starting fires at Jaime's command. Lyra and Tylar stayed on their horses, watching the Unsullied, Dothraki and the Northern armies build the fortifications around the castle in wonder.

It was all beginning to feel very real for Lyra, who took a deep breath and squared her shoulders once more. Slipping off Blanche, Lyra handed the horse to an awaiting soldier, as Tylar came to stand on the other side of her.

"Are you alright?" He asked gently, watching the queen chew on her lips. He knew that she only did that when she was nervous.

"I don't know why, all of a sudden, I am scared." Tylar squeezed her shoulders, sending her a warm smile. "Why am I scared, Tylar?"

"It's natural, Your Grace." Tylar and her began to walk towards Winterfell, which had it's gates flung wide open. "We haven't been back in a while."

"Aye. Eight years." Lyra shook her head, wondering how time had moved so fast. She could still remember running around these very corridors when she was a young girl. "Can you believe that?"

"We have been busy in those eight years," Tylar reminded her, both of them looking at the Dothraki and Unsullied in awe. "So has everyone else, I suppose."

"You're right." Jaime caught up with them, the trio walking through the gate and into the main courtyard of the castle. Elia appeared, curling around Lyra's waist as she looked around. Everything was just as she remembered, though far more full of people than when she was last here.

"Come. They'll be in the main hall," Lyra spoke quickly, leading the two men into the main part of the castle. The closer they got to the hall, the more nervous Lyra became, but Elia pushed herself into Lyra's hip to try and give her some comfort.

The large doors were closed, hiding her siblings and the main part of the court from her. Two Stark guards stood at the door, watching them with cautious eyes. She supposed that Jaime was easily recognized from his golden hand and blond hair, but Tylar and her had not been back for a long time and she looked far from a Stark at that moment. A Stark would not hide herself behind closed doors, especially not when her family was on the other side.

"Open the doors." Tylar turned to the men, speaking on behalf of Lyra. The soldiers paused, before opening the doors for the trio. Lyra rolled her shoulders, taking a deep breath and setting her chin as the hall was revealed.