LXXII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Strategy

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝖂interfell was the same as Lyra remembered. Each corridor and room was familiar and she knew the routes like the back of her hand despite the changes that had occurred. Robb and Eliza had moved into their parents room soon after they'd returned from war, whilst Sansa had taken up occupancy in Lyra's old room. So, instead, Lyra found herself in the room that had once belonged to Robb.

Leaving the room, Lyra called for Elia, leading the large wolf through the castle until she reached the old nursery, knowing that's where the others could most likely be found. Sure enough, as Lyra pushed open the door, she saw Eliza sitting in one of the arm chairs watching over her children.

"Eliza." The woman turned, smiling before patting the seat next to her as Lyra joined her side. Two little boys messed around with soldiers on the floor ahead of her, whilst Eliza held a baby in her arms, who already shared her dark hair. "So these are my nephews?"

"Aye, Eddie and Matthas are playing and this is Cal," Eliza smiled down at her son, before lifting him closer to her chest as Lyra smiled, missing her own children were there. "So, three just like you."

"But I've got a little girl instead of three boys."

"I wanted to have a girl." Eliza rolled her eyes, still smiling at her boys. "I got three boys instead but maybe we'll have a fourth and that will finally be a girl. I can't be outnumbered in my own home."

"You can have mine if you want." Aoife's voice sounded, as she walked into the room holding a giggling girl upside down in her arms. The girl shared Aoife's lighter hair, but with Jon's eyes and nose instead. "I've just found her throwing rocks at soldiers which is not helpful."

Eliza and Lyra bit back their smiles, holding back laughter as Aoife turned her daughter the right way up and set her down by Eliza's sons.

"Never thought I'd have kids," Aoife muttered, slumping down next to them as Elia settled by Lyra's feet. "Thought I'd be dead a long time ago."

"After how many assassination plots I've gone through, so did I." Lyra nodded along to Eliza's statement, all of them sighing. "There was the Red Wedding, then a few times whilst we were at war and then Ramsay tried to have me and the boys killed so that he could come into power."

"Well, at least you didn't have to worry about scheming, back stabbing mother-in-laws," Lyra chuckled, shaking her head. "Cersei tried to kill me by blowing up the Great Sept, the High Sparrow tried to poison Mikael, Cersei tried to have me arrested, she's tried to have me killed multiple times and it's been a weird and very tense few years because of it."